Welcome to the 2013 Major & Minor League Baseball Thread

alejr88

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And now the killer b's one with surgery and the other regressing.... Smh, just have to hope jose campos works out..

You think Dellin Betances is regressing? He's been dominant ever since the Yankees turned him into a reliever if you mean him as the other killer B. As for Campos, idk why he is just throwing 4IP on every start. Maybe it had to do with last year's injury..

I'd trade Joba and keep Hughes until this season. You're not getting anything meaningful for Hughes, just give him a qualifying offer in the offseason and hope he rejects it so the Yankees get an extra draft pick next year.

I'd trade Joba and keep Hughes until this season. You're not getting anything meaningful for Hughes, just give him a qualifying offer in the offseason and hope he rejects it so the Yankees get an extra draft pick next year.

That's the thing with Hughes... when he's on, he's diamonds. When he's off he gets hit hard. And now that Jete's back the only position where they lack offense is catcher... they just might be able to survive that if they can play the way they did last week and yesterday's and today's games.

Exactly, hughes has now become aj burnett. When he's locked in, he's in his 2010 first half form. When he gives up the homers, he regresses and any other homers afterwards and pretty much you can expect the game to be over right there.

You think Dellin Betances is regressing? He's been dominant ever since the Yankees turned him into a reliever if you mean him as the other killer B. As for Campos, idk why he is just throwing 4IP on every start. Maybe it had to do with last year's injury..

oic, i havent heard much from both of them and i was under the impression one or both were expected to be starters. We all know when they become relievers, they get more power and become more 'versatile'. I'd guess maybe if they turned hughes into a reliever again, he'd be 2009 great again, but i don't think they'd want to pay him starter money to be a reliever.

The only reason i'd want them to trade hughes now is because the management or whoever don't seem to want to take him out of the rotation due to how much they are paying him. Ie: they seem to prefer to roll the dice on him than to have another starter take bis place and pushing hughes to the pen or the minors. Otherwise i agree with the reasoning that getting the draft picks might be just as good, provided there is a team out there willing to take him for what he's gonna be demanding.

They can always trade Joba, send down Claiborne who's been struggling and send Hughes to the pen and call up Betances...I heard the Braves are interested in Joba.

Why bother calling up Betances? Pineda's knocking on the door. Phelps is gonna come back from the DL at some point -- I say he's a better fit for the pen than Hughes who hasn't been there in a while.

Hughes isn't exactly AJ Burnett. AJ would be really really great for two months and then just slide down the slippery slope... you never know which Hughes you're gonna get during any given start.

Must be the baseball gods way of being dicks to Kuroda. If he was pitching the year Roger Clemens got his cy young award with that crazy 23-5? record, Kuroda would definitely have no issues being nominated for one of the starting pitcher's spots. How many other pitchers have the low era he has? With the way the Yankees haven't scored many, if any runs for him, you'd think he lost the games himself (sorta like you expect when hughes pitches it's gonna be a loss now) or lost more games.

Indeed. And it wasn't like the Yankees swept his team in the ALCS, what an a**hole. *no not holding back: screw you Leyland. Kuroda (record not an issue) has the era to deserve a nod even if he doesn't pitch. This looks like a clear snub against him if these other pitchers are being brought in over him.

someone needs to make a 'captain picard how the f--k' meme of this.

LOL... Tillman's ERA is close to 4... a full 1.3 runs per game higher than Kuroda's... but he has an 11-3 record.

Unless your name is King Felix, if you don't have a 124329828dfira9yih3-0 record you're probably not getting picked, no matter your ERA...

Indeed. And it wasn't like the Yankees swept his team in the ALCS, what an a**hole. *no not holding back: screw you Leyland. Kuroda (record not an issue) has the era to deserve a nod even if he doesn't pitch. This looks like a clear snub against him if these other pitchers are being brought in over him.

someone needs to make a 'captain picard how the f--k' meme of this.

LOL! I second this...

After this, I lost hope for the ASG. I cannot watch the game with a bunch of undeserving guys there.

it was undeserving when that rule about one player from every team must be there. You bump off a better player in baseball's version of affirmative action. God forbid we go back to the joe torre days where there was like 6-7 players from one team...

I did something new today. I went to a Mets game at Citi Field. My girlfriend took me as a present for my birthday. We got cheap seats way up in the Promenade but it was a great view of the infield. Granted, I'm not a huge baseball fan but I've occasionally followed the Mets (more when I was in High School and actually living in Queens) but not as of late so I didn't know what to expect.

Citi Field itself is beautiful. I haven't been to many stadiums but this one was very pleasing. I loved the locations of everything and the architecture etc. A very nice place to watch some ball. But the ball on the field was a bit lackluster. It was Phillies at Mets (which is also weird because I just graduated from College in Philly) so I expected at least *some* sort of raucus crowd given their *supposed* rivalry.

Instead I looked and saw a whole lot of green seats and not a lot of humans in them. It was very odd. At first I thought they were all just outside waiting to get in since we were in there pretty early. But the stadium didn't fill up. And this lead me to thinking: With this amazing ballpark why aren't the Mets drawing crowds? Official attendance had it at about 26,000 but there was no way that ballpark was half full. I estimated about 10,000 from my own guestimation but I have no real idea. Clearly, the staff weren't on full alert and from what glimpses I could get of the boxes and big fancy clubs, they seemed rather baren. It was too bad that the Phillies fans were being more raucus than the Mets fans too. Ah well...

As I watched the game I realized that the actual quality of the baseball was lame and boring. There were no home runs, no fancy double plays, no good hitting opportunities, nothing. Just boring 0 - 0 inning after inning. No wonder people don't want to put down $100+ on a game anymore; the play sucks. I left with my girlfriend after the sixth inning. 

The Mets themselves aren't a good team. When you aren't a good team, you don't attract crowds. Simple as that.

Anyways, I don't know where you're seeing 0-0.... the Phillies scored a run in the top half of the first and the Mets scored three in their half of the inning in yesterday's game (7/20), not to mention hyped prospect Zack Wheeler was on the mound today.

If you want some "raucus" crowd going crazy with action every second, go to the Broncos-Giants game in Week 2 at MetLife Stadium... that stadium is going be louder than a jet plane when Peyton comes into town.

Went to Citifield once. I will say that the stadium is very wonderful. However, my seat was way up toward the top and it was very drafty. My 2 jackets weren't enough to keep me warm and I was shivering most of the game. That said, if someone were to offer me cheap seats, but at a lower location, I probably won't mind - only because I'd like to check out the stadium again. One of these years if I had the time and money, I might try to go to at least some of the other 28 stadiums.

Went to Citifield once. I will say that the stadium is very wonderful. However, my seat was way up toward the top and it was very drafty. My 2 jackets weren't enough to keep me warm and I was shivering most of the game. That said, if someone were to offer me cheap seats, but at a lower location, I probably won't mind - only because I'd like to check out the stadium again. One of these years if I had the time and money, I might try to go to at least some of the other 28 stadiums.

I was in the 400 section right behind home plate earlier this year. I must disagree; there was no wind. It was much windier when I was standing above the Great Wall of Flushing trying to catch a BP homer.

But I will say this. The stadium was over half empty. Sure it was a school night, but it was a Harvey Day too... the second and third decks in left field were mostly empty, and the crowd didn't fill out the rest of the stadium very well. Sure did get loud though, especially when Wright tied the game in the ninth and Valdespin hit that walkoff grand slam...

Archived