Welcome to the 2013 Major & Minor League Baseball Thread

alejr88

Congrats Ichiro for 4000 career hits!

And before anyone says it doesn't count because its MLB and NPB combined, let me tell you something: 4000 career hits show long term consistency. I don't care whether you get 4000 hits in the Little Leagues, if you can be consistent for so many years and reach 4000, that deserves congratulations.

Once again, congrats Ichiro! At 2722 MLB hits, maybe (just maybe) he can reach 3000 within a few years assuming he keeps playing and a somewhat decent level

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats Ichiro for 4000 career hits!

And before anyone says it doesn't count because its MLB and NPB combined, let me tell you something: 4000 career hits show long term consistency. I don't care whether you get 4000 hits in the Little Leagues, if you can be consistent for so many years and reach 4000, that deserves congratulations.

Once again, congrats Ichiro! At 2722 MLB hits, maybe (just maybe) he can reach 3000 within a few years assuming he keeps playing and a somewhat decent level

I think this says it all. From the Yankees website:

"The argument has been made that if Ichiro's NPB stats are added to his Major League stats, then perhaps Minor League statistics should also be credited in tallying other players' hit totals. It's an intriguing point, and one that further highlights Ichiro's accomplishments.

For the purposes of this exercise, only three additional players would then reach 4,000 professional hits: Hank Aaron (3,771 in Majors; 324 in Minors), Stan Musial (3,630 in Majors, 371 in Minors) and Arnold "Jigger" Statz, an outfielder who tallied 737 of his 4,093 pro hits with four big league teams from 1919-28."

The Mets signed Daisuke Matsuzaka, and he'll be starting tomorrow against the Tigers.

Wow, how far has he fallen? I had no idea he was taken from the indians' minor league team.

so far off, he was injury riddled  and the tommy john surgery almost took up all of last season from the middle of 2 seasons ago and boston casted him off  and cleveland put him in triple A and now the mets came calling.

- Have fat boy Francesa tell it, Ichiro does not have 4000 hits - he only has the 2722 or w/e.....

- Daisuke on the Mets... I lol'd.

Whatever happened to the mystical unhittable gyroball when he came to the Americas.... Talk about being FOS....

Wow, how far has he fallen? I had no idea he was taken from the indians' minor league team.

I didn't know they had him.... I thought dude just faded to black after his stint on Boston & went back to his country.

As good as the hitting has been, the trop continues to be a house of horrors. I remain hopeful, but realistically, this team has no shot if they manage to limp into the playoffs. Tb has good pitching, but they aren't the best team of the current playoff ready teams, not a good sign if they can't beat them.

Speaking of pitchers, is wang still with toronto? I didn't watch much of that series.

As good as the hitting has been, the trop continues to be a house of horrors. I remain hopeful, but realistically, this team has no shot if they manage to limp into the playoffs. Tb has good pitching, but they aren't the best team of the current playoff ready teams, not a good sign if they can't beat them.

Speaking of pitchers, is wang still with toronto? I didn't watch much of that series.

He's still with him but he was in the minors and was just called up back to the Blue Jays yesterday...

Yeah, there's still time, but What say you....

Yankees make the playoffs...... Yes or no?

I wanna say yes & say they just barely make that 2nd WC spot..... But being realistic, I don't see that many teams falling off come season's end, and I don't see the Yanks winning a large enough %-tage enough to get in.... So I'ma have to say no.

Are the Yankees really THAT conservative with ARod they can't have him play for 3 innings on his off day? Come on! Overbay is a .198 or whatever hitter against lefties.. I have a hard time believing that Girardi wouldn't pinch hit for Overbay with the lefty coming in for the bullpen.. or at least use Vernon Wells... Overbay is an damn automatic out against lefties and of course that idiot a. swings at ball 3, b. struck out with two men on 2nd and 3rd

Terrible news for Met fans. Matt Harvey has a torn UCL (Ulnar Collateral Ligament) in his elbow. You know what that means.

Suicidal met fans? Plummeting ticket sales?

Are the Yankees really THAT conservative with ARod they can't have him play for 3 innings on his off day? Come on! Overbay is a .198 or whatever hitter against lefties.. I have a hard time believing that Girardi wouldn't pinch hit for Overbay with the lefty coming in for the bullpen.. or at least use Vernon Wells... Overbay is an damn automatic out against lefties and of course that idiot a. swings at ball 3, b. struck out with two men on 2nd and 3rd

Makes ya think why the heck they went out & got the strikeout machine that is Mark Reynolds huh...... lmao

(now how in the hell you strikeout over 200 times in 3 straight years... my god...)

I don't know whats up with JA Happ, but his pitches to left handed batters are either outside or close to hitting them. He hit Granderson in spring training, Cano earlier today and almost hit Granderson's hand AGAIN. God damn I understand that pitchers have the right to work inside but that doesn't mean almost hitting them every single time they go inside -_-

Archived