Welcome to the 2013 Major & Minor League Baseball Thread

alejr88

Chien-Ming Wang signed with the Cincinnati Reds. I can't believe it's almost 6 six years since he had that accident down at Houston.

That accident shows us why the NL should adopt the DH. That injury derailed his career and probably cost him millions of dollars in salaries. I bet Wang would still be effective today with the Yankees without that injury and he would have probably gotten a huge contract too.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soo Masahiro Tanaka has been finally posted. I read somewhere that the Cubs are interested and that "they will not be outbid". Sure thing Theo, grab a chair as soon as the Yankees sign Tanaka from everyone. I've seen him pitch, he's very good but not an ace. Pitches up in the zone but throws in the mid 90's. If the Yankees sign him, hopefully he can be a Kuroda or a Hisashi Iwakuma kind of guy.

I just hope the yankees have fall back options if they get outbid for his services. I mean yes the other guys are probably way overpriced, but they are free agents, so they wont have to trade anyone for them (at worst lose a draft pick). The paper a few days ago had a list of decent alternatives especially pitchers that could sign for 1 yr deals based on incentives (like a colon type, low risk, high reward. As even a half good year is better than a subpar 5th starter stinking up the place like hughes did last year where u knew he was going to lose or put the tram in the spot to lose somehow).

I just hope the yankees have fall back options if they get outbid for his services. I mean yes the other guys are probably way overpriced, but they are free agents, so they wont have to trade anyone for them (at worst lose a draft pick). The paper a few days ago had a list of decent alternatives especially pitchers that could sign for 1 yr deals based on incentives (like a colon type, low risk, high reward. As even a half good year is better than a subpar 5th starter stinking up the place like hughes did last year where u knew he was going to lose or put the tram in the spot to lose somehow).

if im not mistaken the max is 20 million for posting system

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived