Welcome to the 2013 Major & Minor League Baseball Thread

alejr88

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yankees lose again dropping to a 1-4 record... Still early in the season but not a great start...

The pitching isn't there (aside from Pettite) and none of the players who were with the team last year are doing anything... the only production has been from the new blood.

The bright side is, the Yankees always start slowly. The problem is, this year they don't have as good a team as in years past.

Yankees lose again dropping to a 1-4 record... Still early in the season but not a great start...

The pitching isn't there (aside from Pettite) and none of the players who were with the team last year are doing anything... the only production has been from the new blood.

The bright side is, the Yankees always start slowly. The problem is, this year they don't have as good a team as in years past.

Girardi needs to get tossed for a spark to the team

I agree... The pitching isn't there... Pettitte had a strong outing when he pitched... CC not so much... It was great to see Rivera get his first save of his last season a few days ago...

Girardi needs to get tossed for a spark to the team

LOL... Yep, that sure gets them going usually...

Travis Hafner & Robinson Cano lead the Yankees to another win over Nick Swisher and the Indians by the score of 11-6.

Matt Harvey is awesome. If I have to go to Flushing, as a baseball fan is to watch that guy pitch.

Well it seems like the new guys: Haffner, Youk, Wells, Overbay have done their parts pretty well. I was skeptical about some of them, but like last year, Cashman found some decent parts from the 'scrap'. That said, I'm keeping a low optimism as if last year's team couldn't win an ALCS game, I can't imagine this team getting far unless the actually do the impossible: manufacture some runs vs relying on the long ball to win games. 

I am glad that Kuroda bounced back from that injury as he's their ace and it would be devistating to see him go down for a long period of time. Hughes and Nova: gonna need to do better... Hughes isn't making a good impression if he wants to stay next year.

Dunno if stated already, but I wonder when they might bring up Wang? I was surprised they got him to sign a minor league deal. I am hoping he can reclaim some of the form that made him great in the 2006-7 seasons. Who knows how good he would've been if not for that freak injury in Houston those years back?

Well it seems like the new guys: Haffner, Youk, Wells, Overbay have done their parts pretty well. I was skeptical about some of them, but like last year, Cashman found some decent parts from the 'scrap'. That said, I'm keeping a low optimism as if last year's team couldn't win an ALCS game, I can't imagine this team getting far unless the actually do the impossible: manufacture some runs vs relying on the long ball to win games. 

I am glad that Kuroda bounced back from that injury as he's their ace and it would be devistating to see him go down for a long period of time. Hughes and Nova: gonna need to do better... Hughes isn't making a good impression if he wants to stay next year.

Dunno if stated already, but I wonder when they might bring up Wang? I was surprised they got him to sign a minor league deal. I am hoping he can reclaim some of the form that made him great in the 2006-7 seasons. Who knows how good he would've been if not for that freak injury in Houston those years back?

Part in bold: I don't know... As far as I know, they haven't talked about that yet...

Well, assuming wang pitches as well as he did in the WBC, I think Hughes and nova should be looking over their shoulders.

Agreed!

-----------------

The Yankees win again! With the final score being 14-1!

In other news in the MLB, When I saw this video, I was like "Are you serious?" This has got to be the worse blown call I've ever seen... This was the Rangers VS Rays:

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=26132663&topic_id=11493214

What do you guys think?

Agreed!

-----------------

In other news in the MLB, When I saw this video, I was like "Are you serious?" This has got to be the worse blown call I've ever seen... This was the Rangers VS Rays:

What do you guys think?

The call wasn't as bad as it's being made out to be.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/anatomy-of-a-really-bad-call/

nathanzobrist.png

The call wasn't as bad as it's being made out to be.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/anatomy-of-a-really-bad-call/

(Photo)

After reading and looking at the photo, it still looks low and away in my opinion... Enough to be considered to be a ball...Umpire Marty Fosters even says he's got the call wrong... Thanks for the article though!

Agreed!

-----------------

What do you guys think?

well Indians are probably just what the team needed. I didn't think they'd go home run crazy though. I guess we can all rest a little easy on that end.

Indeed, a total wtf, that was clearly a ball, low and outside corner. Guy didn't even swing. Bs call!

I was there. That was wild. The Stadium blew up after the Jones error and the triple play, sounded like 50,000 people even though there were only 35,000.

Nice! I was yelling triple play over and over in excitement when I saw it happen! The last triple play by the Yankees was in 2010...

Speaking of triple plays, was that the one by arod? Or was it earlier? And speaking arod, now it's reported he tried to obtain the documents of him buying the illegal substances... Sigh if true, please let this be the final nail in the coffin to void the remainder of the contract...

Yeah the one with A Rod... Him and his agent are denying that... That's the last thing I've heard so far...

The Mets whopped the Twins, 16 to 5.

John Buck has to cool off at some point, right?

we had our first brawl of the year 2 days ago. i know fighting in sports are wrong but they are awesome.

Yeah, Zack Greinke and Carlos Quentin went at it. But nothing compares to the fight the Mexicans and Canadians had at the WBC. Former Yankee and current Red Sox Alfredo Aceves got beat the hell up that day. In addition, felt terrible that Greinke broke his collarbone, MLBN showed some footage of the two facing each other back from 2009. Maybe Quentin was tired of Greinke hitting him or throwing at him over the years.

Me thinks R.A. Dickey is not confident throwing the knuckleball to Arencibia nor Blanco. Again, why the heck did the Jays option Josh Thole?? Wasn't it the reason he was sent over in the trade as well? Mike Nickeas??

we had our first brawl of the year 2 days ago. i know fighting in sports are wrong but they are awesome.

Not awesome if Greinke suffers a broken collarbone.

John Buck has to cool off at some point, right?

Eventually. But let's just ride it out. :)

Archived