Help (And Question) Regarding My Change Of Address

LMDNYC

Hey fellas, Im on the waiting list for conductor.

I called DCAS regarding my change of address and was told via automated machine that they can only fax the form within the 5 boroughs, the problem with that is I'm currently living in Florida (lifelong Nyer been in FLA for a year) 

Is there any other way I can get the form online?

Ive looked online with no luck. If I need be; I can get it faxed to a family member in NY but will that be valid if they sent it to me to fill out in FLA? 

My second question,  I know you dont need to be a NY resident for employment but will changing my address to a Florida residence effect me in a negative way? 

Im in a lucky position where im working and living in Florida but can move back to NY on a whim for MTA employment but I dont want them to see a Florida address and assume I wont take the position 

If your looking to change your address call livingston and they should be able to do it over the phone. I dont recommend changing address to florida though. I dont think that they will accept a florida license on appointment.

Hmm I'll have to call and ask them I guess, the job descript said state residency wasn't a requirement. 

Hmm I'll have to call and ask them I guess, the job descript said state residency wasn't a requirement.

It does say state residency isnt a requirement but they dont accept drivers licenses from all states as "valid in the state of ny". Ive called livingston about what "valid in the state of ny" meant and they said that if you dont have a cdl permit from nys it would have to be a full cdl b license from either nj or ct.

It does say state residency isnt a requirement but they dont accept drivers licenses from all states as "valid in the state of ny". Ive called livingston about what "valid in the state of ny" meant and they said that if you dont have a cdl permit from nys it would have to be a full cdl b license from either nj or ct.

is a DRIVERS License required? what if I just had a regular NY State ID?  

Im not sure ive never looked at the job description for conductor.. If you call livingston they should have your answers though

Number is 347 643 8229

thanks for this number man the women I spoke too was real helpful.

She said living in another state is not an issue as long as i show up for the appointment and plan to live in NY when accepting the job. she said some people even live outside the country when called so its not an issue.

thanks for this number man the women I spoke too was real helpful.

She said living in another state is not an issue as long as i show up for the appointment and plan to live in NY when accepting the job. she said some people even live outside the country when called so its not an issue.

Im glad that was helpful man. Best of luck

Archived