Conductor Schoolcar

Q33toLaGuardia

yes and one more thing, how do I get in contact with Harry? I want to get an avatar.......

Send him a PM... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How does that work anyway how long do you need to be employed before requesting the avatar?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today, we got our radios and Escape masks.....walked through the Tunnel to a fire Exit at Euclid Ave, and then headed towards Livonia Yards and learned about Switches and Rails. I remind you all....careful walking in the Tunnels. Try to travel as light as possible, and avoid using the bags with wheels. When you're walking in the tunnels, you can easily lose footing because everything is there, and with the weight of your bag, it makes it harder to balance yourself when you're going over things. I almost lost my footing for a second. We practiced going over the 3rd rail.

Today, we got our radios and Escape masks.....walked through the Tunnel to a fire Exit at Euclid Ave, and then headed towards Livonia Yards and learned about Switches and Rails. I remind you all....careful walking in the Tunnels. Try to travel as light as possible, and avoid using the bags with wheels. When you're walking in the tunnels, you can easily lose footing because everything is there, and with the weight of your bag, it makes it harder to balance yourself when you're going over things. I almost lost my footing for a second. We practiced going over the 3rd rail.

Who are your Motor Instructors?

I forgot to mention, on Thursday we did our Structure Walk, it was a breeze for me....those that are afraid of heights, gotta suck it in for this moment. I heard someone resigned because they couldn't do the walk. Learned about the R62 and its equipment. Friday it was learning about the R142 and its equipment.

AM One Week, PM Another Week

Do the times vary while posting? Like your AM may start at 342AM on Monday, Tuesday it's 831AM, Wednesday its 1101AM, and so on? 

I forgot to mention, on Thursday we did our Structure Walk, it was a breeze for me....those that are afraid of heights, gotta suck it in for this moment. I heard someone resigned because they couldn't do the walk. Learned about the R62 and its equipment. Friday it was learning about the R142 and its equipment.

AM One Week, PM Another Week

Do the times vary while posting? Like your AM may start at 342AM on Monday, Tuesday it's 831AM, Wednesday its 1101AM, and so on? 

yeap , be prepare to have the craziest report times ... Im on the AM tour and for example my report time today was 430, tomorrow 730 and wednesday 555 ....

So MTA and the TWU have a new contract, top pay changed from 3 years to 5 years, please tell me that only affects people that are hired AFTER the agreement and not us guys hired in the last 2 years

It only affects those who are hired after the contract is signed. 

We do not have a new contract. It has to be presented to the Members to vote on.

It only affects those who are hired after the contract is signed. 

We do not have a new contract. It has to be presented to the Members to vote on.

I see, thanks for the reply 

how do you feel about what is currently on the table in the agreement? 

So today, we rode around the system boarding different lines. We started out at 148th at the 3 terminal. And we saw the proper way to enter a terminal. After watching a few trains roll in, we hopped on the 3 train to begin what i like to call "The stations that will get you fired" First stop was 145th street on the 3, where you are only supposed to open the doors in the Front section of the train, cuz opening the Rear section will get you fired. After that, we headed southbound to South Ferry. Hopping on the 1 train, and the conductor had to make announcements that the train will only open in the front section. When we reach there, we saw the indicator LED that lights up "5" to let you know that the gap filler is extended and you may open the door in the Front section ONLY. Open the rear and you will get fired. We then headed back northbound to 14th Street on the Lexington Ave line to see the gap fillers there. So i consider these as the stations that will get you fired. 

I separated from my class to exchange my radio charger that was bad, and i met up with my class again at 241st street on the 1 line. Second half of the day we went over procedures to leave a terminal. I would like to get more experience doing that. They really try to get you with that. 

So today, we rode around the system boarding different lines. We started out at 148th at the 3 terminal. And we saw the proper way to enter a terminal. After watching a few trains roll in, we hopped on the 3 train to begin what i like to call "The stations that will get you fired" First stop was 145th street on the 3, where you are only supposed to open the doors in the Front section of the train, cuz opening the Rear section will get you fired. After that, we headed southbound to South Ferry. Hopping on the 1 train, and the conductor had to make announcements that the train will only open in the front section. When we reach there, we saw the indicator LED that lights up "5" to let you know that the gap filler is extended and you may open the door in the Front section ONLY. Open the rear and you will get fired. We then headed back northbound to 14th Street on the Lexington Ave line to see the gap fillers there. So i consider these as the stations that will get you fired. 

I separated from my class to exchange my radio charger that was bad, and i met up with my class again at 241st street on the 1 line. Second half of the day we went over procedures to leave a terminal. I would like to get more experience doing that. They really try to get you with that. 

You mean Van Cortlandt 242 on the (1) or Wakefield 241 on the (2) ? Also how would you say it's going so far in schoolcar? 

Archived