Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
aemoreira81

4241 - re-decaled the new way

Only the doors and part of the nose got repainted. The straightening of the stripe is a decal at the back of the bus, and the ads were left intact (except for the front ad).

4241-D.jpg

4241-W.jpg

• Upvote 8

I don't see the point of these NG repaints. The NGs looked great the way they were.

• Upvote 3

I don't see the point of these NG repaints. The NGs looked great the way they were.

They always repaint buses every few years...

Happened with Orion V and RTS over the years as well, just with these NG's they are switching up the style they are painting them for whatever reason.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of the all strait across blue stripe. They should've kept the 'zig'/split stripe to show the back part is the hf segment. On a related note, I'm not a fan of the D60hf 'repaint' where the blue stripe is placed lower as if it was a Lf bus.

Great photos!

The reason why MTA are painted these buses like this, is because their making the fleet more uniformed. 

RTS, Orion Vs and the old D60s will not get repainted. 

Nothing wrong with dashing some new paint on a bus. Just wished that they kept the stripe on the doors.

BTW, I should add that this bus was mostly not repainted. Only three parts of the bus were repainted---the front door, the rear door, and between the stripe and the windshield. (4230 was done almost like this but the stripes were not removed.)