Transfer Between MTA Express Buses

CR8094

Well you also have to notice that it's not an express running in city borders, so thats the catch. Between that and MNRR I'd honestly choose the BxM4C (When possible).

That is why I use MNRR instead of the BXM4C $7.50 is a friggin ripoff for a bus that just sits in traffic for 40+ mins. I don't have that kind of patience one MNRR has timed connections to crosstown buses at tuckahoe to the 8 and at scarsdale to 65. and mt vernon west for the 7. ect It's just convenient. 4C just sits there on the I-87 parking lot.

THere are NO paper transfers loaded on an express bus, only can use a metrocard transfer is available.

Actually there is paper transfers in the fareboxes. No one really uses them since most people use metrocards and use the transfers on the cards.

It has to be from the Metrocard in that case.  I've seen people pay in coins on the express bus, but they've never asked for a transfer because most folks don't transfer between express buses like that and if they do they usually have a MetroCard anyway which has a free trasnsfer, though I would imagine that you could request a paper transfer for a local bus or another express bus. You can of course get a paper transfer from a local bus to another local bus as well, but you must have a MetroCard to be able to transfer from the subway to a local bus or an express bus and vice versa.

I emailed transit and Ivy says there are NO paper transfers in the express bus' farebox.

Archived