NJ Transit: Tuberculosis test & vaccine policy

Thrasymachus

Today I finally got a call back from NJ Transit for a physical for a job I have been chasing for over a year. I should be happy, but I am not. Instead I am terrified and anxious. I called their health department and found out I would have to take a Montaux test for Tuberculosis. I found this source that lists the ingredients in vaccines from a very official source:
CDC.gov: Vaccine Excipient & Media Summary Excipients Included in U.S. Vaccines, by Vaccine[PDF]
They mention that vaccines excipients/ingredients include aluminum compounds, formaldehyde, thimerosal(mercury), monkey kidney cells, bovine, chicken "protein", other foreign animal content, etc.!

Now I am having trouble finding equivalent info for the Montaux test, because contrary to most people I don't want unknown substances in my body just because someone with a medical degree says so. The best I could find was this:

Fda.gov: Tuberculin Purified Protein Derivative (PDF)
(Mantoux)
Diagnostic Antigen
(Aid in the detection of infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis)
FOR INTMDERMAL USE
Polysorbate 80 Stabilized Solution of Tuberculin Purified Protein Derivative for Tuberculin

But that is not very informative. From what/where is the tuberculin protein cultured from? Diseased rotting human tissue, animals, fetuses? Do they use additives such as thimerosal(mercury) like vaccines?

I want the job, but I don't want unknown substances inside me as well. I have listened to podcasts of this vaccine attorney's radio show. A while ago on a podcast he said that basically there is no express right for an individual to control what goes into their body or not. The government does however grant religious freedom, which can be used to regulate what goes into your body, hopefully in terms of employment, but there are no gurantees. It all just seems so macabre and frightening from where I sit.

I don't know what to do. I don't have much time either only 3 days. Is this montaux test as harmful as a vaccine? Can I avoid the test and still land the job? How do I find out Transit's vaccine policy, even? The workers who answer the phones seem to not know about any such policy, maybe because it doesn't exist. 

Archived