My Speech Presentation at LIBRU Public Forum

just curious if LIB was integrated into MTA bus would operating costs for LIB drop?

In the long run, yes, because if you think about it, (MTA) equipment would be shared throughout and you wouldn't need Nassau-separate everything. And it wouldn't have only been (MTA) Bus, because in the next few years, (MTA) Bus and New York City Transit are merging.

In the long run, yes, because if you think about it, (MTA) equipment would be shared throughout and you wouldn't need Nassau-separate everything. And it wouldn't have only been (MTA) Bus, because in the next few years, (MTA) Bus and New York City Transit are merging.

Yes, but I wonder if LIB service would've been sacraficed to keep more money for service in the city during years when the MTA has budget problems and/or service cuts.

People argue on this forum every day that certain routes should be reduced or cut under LIB/NICE and more service should be added to the higher ridership routes from the money saved on lower ridership routes.  Guess what?  Many LIB/NICE are lower ridership compared to city bus routes.  Nassau County riders really should ask themselves if being merged into MTA bus is really the best for them?

Yes, but I wonder if LIB service would've been sacraficed to keep more money for service in the city during years when the MTA has budget problems and/or service cuts.

People argue on this forum every day that certain routes should be reduced or cut under LIB/NICE and more service should be added to the higher ridership routes from the money saved on lower ridership routes.  Guess what?  Many LIB/NICE are lower ridership compared to city bus routes.  Nassau County riders really should ask themselves if being merged into MTA bus is really the best for them?

Actually, I believe the (MTA) lost some money over the years because Nassau County was running routes with low ridership as well as fighting the amount they paid the (MTA) . Part of the reason for the 2010 cuts and the (MTA) Budget Crisis was due to Long Island Bus.

Hicksville Station doesn't have braille for buses.

who cares?

Interesting it would have created interesting opportunities.

who cares?

Interesting it would have created interesting opportunities.

Yes, it would have.

There are sometimes blind people depends on bus.

Why don't you apply for a job at NICE to keep the community informed, kind of like a Community Manager.

Before even reading it, I could already guess that this would just be more complaints from the LIBRU. Of course, the news media likes to get involved in this. And by the way, how the hell do you want to add more buses to the n6 when it runs every 10 minutes already. Just cut the express crap in half or a third, and bring back the LIMITED.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

NICE handicapped riders demand audible announcements

LINK: http://longisland.news12.com/news/nice-handicapped-riders-demand-audible-announcements-1.4813478?firstfree=yes

HEMPSTEAD - Officials say new complaints have been made from handicapped riders about Nassau’s NICE bus system.

Blind and visually handicapped riders say there is a lack of audible announcements on NICE buses. 

In July, handicapped riders also complained buses were failing to announce bus stops visually or audibly.

A NICE bus spokesman says the current announcement system is not reliable and will be replaced. In the meantime, officials say drivers are required to announce all stops out loud. But passengers complain that they don't hear bus drivers calling out stops.

The Americans with Disabilities Act requires buses and trains to identify stops.

No, Brett.

This is actual from real NICE riders who testify at LIB Riders Union Forum.

That also made up on Vigarett newspaper again.

Yes, I know what it is and I know what that Union forum is too. A joke.

Some of them do.  The key word is "some."

While we're at it, how about the Union addresses the issue of bus operators always forcing the rear doors on the NG and 3G's shut?

All they do is bitch some issues are not even under NICE's control like metrocards they need to consult the MTA about that. N16 err wow these people just love to complain.

stupid isn't it? I noticed NICE got rid of most of the N20 great neck short-turns now only a handful per day are left not that they would be missed.

I see the 7:22 am bus to Great Neck every morning, always packed.

All they do is bitch some issues are not even under NICE's control like metrocards they need to consult the MTA about that. N16 err wow these people just love to complain.

That's whats irritating, they bitch about stuff not under NICE's control, like metrocards and the metrocard fare. As for the N16 what exactly is the problem? They reduced service so that there aren't as many empty buses running between Hempstead and RFM, but they replaced it essentially with the N43 extension, get over it.

LIBRU rode the n6 early morning, and local was crush loaded and it suppose to be 11 people behind the white line, but some drivers keep picking up.

Prof Sapile's n16 commute in morning was like that.

We're not saying they didn't and we're not saying people don't deal with this crap daily. But adding more buses that NICE doesn't have drivers for or aren't to show up is not the answer. LIBRU just thinks they can bitch about everything then pull answers out of their ass. The answer is to fix the current n6 setup in rush hours, and that starts with bringing back the LIMITED.

Yuki, please don't create any new threads about the LIBRU. Anything concerning them is to stay in this thread which is merged with other LIBRU threads.

LIBRU rode the n6 early morning, and local was crush loaded and it suppose to be 11 people behind the white line, but some drivers keep picking up.

Prof Sapile's n16 commute in morning was like that.

Yes the N6 has always been crush loaded during rush hours. An 11 people limit behind the white line is calling for more flagging. I like that drivers continue to pick up because there usually IS room for them on the bus, it's just that people don't move back. I was just on the bus, people were crowded by the drive whiel the back had standing room and possibly seats

Problem is the n6x needs to go back to being the n6L. Sure it's always been a packed route but NICE shouldn't have messed with it. The n6 doesn't need more buses, it needs more locals and the expresses need to revert to limiteds. The problem with the BRU is they complain about the wrong things, they never even really gotten involved with the Glen Cove problems, and those are the riders that really got shafted the worst. Those n16 riders should have to depend on buses in Glen Cove, they'd kiss the floor of that n16 I tell ya!  :lol:

I see the 7:22 am bus to Great Neck every morning, always packed.

Well I guess that is why that one remained. NICE looked at the line and in seems they got it right. I wonder was service past great neck improved? or adjusted here and there?

Problem is the n6x needs to go back to being the n6L. Sure it's always been a packed route but NICE shouldn't have messed with it. The n6 doesn't need more buses, it needs more locals and the expresses need to revert to limiteds. The problem with the BRU is they complain about the wrong things, they never even really gotten involved with the Glen Cove problems, and those are the riders that really got shafted the worst. Those n16 riders should have to depend on buses in Glen Cove, they'd kiss the floor of that n16 I tell ya!  :lol:

so TRUE!!!!! But glen cove's problems are avoidable via LIRR sadly a very infrequent line to boot.

The BRU complains just to complain, any slight change they want to complain about, they don't even know what they're complaining about half the time.

Well I guess that is why that one remained. NICE looked at the line and in seems they got it right. I wonder was service past great neck improved? or adjusted here and there?

so TRUE!!!!! But glen cove's problems are avoidable via LIRR sadly a very infrequent line to boot.

QJ must we tell you again that the LIRR and NICE service are not interchangeable. This is not the QB Line vs the Q60: or the (C) vs :bus_bullet_b25:.  NICE and LIRR have different service areas and fares, the stops are not that close together and many riders from Glen Cove are transferring to/from another bus. 

Archived