My Speech Presentation at LIBRU Public Forum

Well I guess that is why that one remained. NICE looked at the line and in seems they got it right. I wonder was service past great neck improved? or adjusted here and there?

As opposed to what? There are still several short turn trips to Great Neck in the AM. I have noticed that there aren't as many full buses on the n20 as there used to be. And if I say that, then there has been a dramatic drop in ridership (one of the few stats LIBRU got right).

The BRU complains just to complain, any slight change they want to complain about, they don't even know what they're complaining about half the time.

QJ must we tell you again that the LIRR and NICE service are not interchangeable. This is not the QB Line vs the Q60: or the (C) vs :bus_bullet_b25:. NICE and LIRR have different service areas and fares, the stops are not that close together and many riders from Glen Cove are transferring to/from another bus.

they both take you from glen cove to mineola and LIRR it timed with N22/24 for roosevelt field and N40/41 for hempstead. They are not interchangable farewise but end to end they are both options. However intermittent stops of both services are not close together so you are right in that regard but your correct. You misread what I said. Folks fed up with N23 links can use LIRR to n22. From N27. But I am aware of how far they are apart. But those near LIRR will simply use that or stay home due to how badly screwed they got.

Not again. People on n27 will not transfer to LIRR to cough up $3 to Mineola to get n22/n24 Hicksville, even if they have money or poor class.

Glen Clove Station is not close to downtown Glen Clove, they have to take n27 to get to train station or n21/n27 to Greenvale Station.

Also, people who don't want to deal with LIRR crowd, most of Glen Clove/Roslyn riders use their own express called Long Island Transit NY just to get in city.

Not again. People on n27 will not transfer to LIRR to cough up $3 to Mineola to get n22/n24 Hicksville, even if they have money or poor class.

Glen Clove Station is not close to downtown Glen Clove, they have to take n27 to get to train station or n21/n27 to Greenvale Station.

Also, people who don't want to deal with LIRR crowd, most of Glen Clove/Roslyn riders use their own express called Long Island Transit NY just to get in city.

Considering there's only a few trips a day, I doubt "most" Glen Cove/Roslyn riders use that bus route. Aside from that, the OB branch is one of the least crowded LIRR lines.

The N27 terminal is a little under a mile from the LIRR station. If you really want to, you can walk it.

And there's also monthly passes, for those going solely to Mineola, or anywhere within Zones 4/7 (Can you get a UniTicket for that as well, or UniTicket only applies to tickets to Zone 1?). Obviously, I think the bus service should be improved, but it is possible to use the LIRR for a lot of trips. Of course, a problem with the LIRR is it's infrequency.

LIBRU rode the n6 early morning, and local was crush loaded and it suppose to be 11 people behind the white line, but some drivers keep picking up.

Prof Sapile's n16 commute in morning was like that.

And if they flagged you people and left your ass out in the cold you guys would be bitching about that too. 

Archived