My Weekend

A lonely QM5... :o

That's what happens when you're outside at 8 AM on a Saturday at QCM. Heavy traffic doesn't start until 10 AM, when the mall shoppers from all directions come.

Off topic, but the Weekend QM6 is doing better, instead of 4 to 5 riders per bus Everytime I happened to see it, now I see 9 people on the bus. The QM5 is also increased from 4 to 5 to now at 7 to 8 people.

That's what happens when you're outside at 8 AM on a Saturday at QCM. Heavy traffic doesn't start until 10 AM, when the mall shoppers from all directions come.

Off topic, but the Weekend QM6 is doing better, instead of 4 to 5 riders per bus Everytime I happened to see it, now I see 9 people on the bus. The QM5 is also increased from 4 to 5 to now at 7 to 8 people.

Well it needs to otherwise they'll both be seeing cuts... Our Riverdale buses are doing fine... Even the late BxM1s to the city get good ridership on the weekends, as well as the late night BxM2s back to Riverdale... We get folks traveling in groups a lot so that helps as well.

Well it needs to otherwise they'll both be seeing cuts... Our Riverdale buses are doing fine... Even the late BxM1s to the city get good ridership on the weekends, as well as the late night BxM2s back to Riverdale... We get folks traveling in groups a lot so that helps as well.

I think the QM5 and QM6 can see reductions. The first Queens Bound trip and the two last Saturday Trips as well as the last Sunday trips to Manhattan can see cuts because that is at zero. The QM4 also going up with at 6-7 riders from 3-4 riders per bus, which is good. Now if only midday service can improve on weekdays (eliminate off Peak QM1 and reverse peak QM1 service, let the QM5 service it instead, letting it have the same ridership with less resources).

I think the QM5 and QM6 can see reductions. The first Queens Bound trip and the two last Saturday Trips as well as the last Sunday trips to Manhattan can see cuts because that is at zero. The QM4 also going up with at 6-7 riders from 3-4 riders per bus, which is good. Now if only midday service can improve on weekdays (eliminate off Peak QM1 and reverse peak QM1 service, let the QM5 service it instead, letting it have the same ridership with less resources).

They will try to keep those runs as they are needed for coverage only unless they have to cut them.  Those buses run out by the Nassau border, and without them it's a pretty long commute.  The problem is that they serve residential communities that must be more car centric on weekends and aren't as dense.  In Riverdale, lots of folks use the express bus because while we're in the suburbs, we have a more Manhattan style way of living and lots of co-ops so some parts are dense and the express bus is very close by so no need for a car, plus our buses are well advertised since we have reverse ridership with the colleges here i.e. the Columbia University apartments, Wave Hill, etc.

Archived