M35 Bus Ride

YankeesPwnMets

I have to go to Randalls Island this weekend and I'm going to take the M35 bus from Lexington/125. Now, reading articles like this

http://www.citylimits.org/news/articles/4641/the-men-who-ride-the-homeless-bus#.UTVr_FfEXYR

don't exactly make me excited to ride the bus... but I just wanna ask those who have taken it before... what is the ride like? Just FYI, I'm getting off at Icahn Stadium to go to the Golf Center.....

If I had the choice I wouldn't mind coughing up the $6 to ride the X80 just to avoid the nutcases but I don't think thats an option for this weekend

Guest Charles

I took the bus a lot getting to/from Icahn & the baseball fields --

It's honestly not that bad. Will it smell? Yeah. Will it be the most pleasant group of commuters to ride with? No. But if you mind your own business, sit up front, and don't do anything out of the ordinary, you'll be fine. The ride itself is actually really quick -- you'll be on Randall's before you know it.

They really should think about running every other bus run to Icahn Stadium only.... Seperate the homeless and the people who need to go there for events

I normally advocate against driving BUT gorgor is right get a cab or drive or use that walkway at 102nd street and FDR. Yes I would try for X80 which is borderline redundant or get a ride.

They really should think about running every other bus run to Icahn Stadium only.... Seperate the homeless and the people who need to go there for events

they need to stop letting the bums and the nuts take over the m35 and run the yellow buses for them. The hell is the nyct wasting resources and buses for them? I hope they never put the nova artics on that line. *(I'm saying when all the d60hf buses are retired and no I'm not that familiar with what lines runs what buses in manhattan.)

they need to stop letting the bums and the nuts take over the m35 and run the yellow buses for them. The hell is the nyct wasting resources and buses for them? I hope they never put the nova artics on that line. *(I'm saying when all the d60hf buses are retired and no I'm not that familiar with what lines runs what buses in manhattan.)

They put the LFSA on the M35 before... By the way, look at the OP's link... It has a picture of a LFSA on the M35... If they don't have D60's, what other artic can 126 put? ;) I doubt 126 will get XD60's anytime soon but you never know...

I have to go to Randalls Island this weekend and I'm going to take the M35 bus from Lexington/125. Now, reading articles like this

http://www.citylimits.org/news/articles/4641/the-men-who-ride-the-homeless-bus#.UTVr_FfEXYR

don't exactly make me excited to ride the bus... but I just wanna ask those who have taken it before... what is the ride like? Just FYI, I'm getting off at Icahn Stadium to go to the Golf Center.....

If I had the choice I wouldn't mind coughing up the $6 to ride the X80 just to avoid the nutcases but I don't think thats an option for this weekend

Find the biggest crack head on the bus and knock him out to show dominance. Also, bring plenty of cigarettes for bartering lol. But in all seriousness, bring Purel and a shank...

DO NOT TAKE THAT BUS. If you value your sanity, don't take the M35. I almost got punched in the face on that f**king route. (Two crackheads were fighting and I had to slip under them to get out) It's not worth the risk.

LOL at comments!  I've seen those M35 buses when coming to or from Riverdale on the express bus... Usually RTS's or old artics though... As Grand Concourse said, I don't think they should put new buses on that line... Just use the same old buses for that line and that line only.

i think the X80 only runs during special events

Yep, it only runs for Special Events.

I remember what it was, it was the Electric Zoo concert on 9/2/12.

They had LFSAs on both the M35 and the X80, presumably to handle the crowds.

DSC03958.jpg

DSC03973.jpg

DSC04045.jpg

DO NOT USE THE WALKING BRIDGE AT 102ND STREET. (Whether it be walking across or biking across)

First of all it may not be open because it's still Winter, and secondly, and most importantly, that requires you to walk around the mental hospital and around the island, and it's a far walk to get to the main attractions on Randall's Island.

On the Triborough (RFK) Bridge, you only need to pay the toll going to Randall's Island, coming back there's no toll.  The cash toll is $7.50, and with EZ-Pass I believe that it's a little over $5.

Just whatever you do DO NOT GET THAT BUS.

DO NOT USE THE WALKING BRIDGE AT 102ND STREET. (Whether it be walking across or biking across)

First of all it may not be open because it's still Winter, and secondly, and most importantly, that requires you to walk around the mental hospital and around the island, and it's a far walk to get to the main attractions on Randall's Island.

On the Triborough (RFK) Bridge, you only need to pay the toll going to Randall's Island, coming back there's no toll.  The cash toll is $7.50, and with EZ-Pass I believe that it's a little over $5.

OHH GAWD is there any sane and safe way to get there? DAMN what about running across the bridge?

NYC is not a car place; driving isn't an option for me or many others. When it comes to sitting directly next to the types on the M35 versus passing in the vicinity of a mental hospital, I choose the latter. 

Buy yourself a nice pair of running shoes and run.

NYC is not a car place; driving isn't an option for me or many others. When it comes to sitting directly next to the types on the M35 versus passing in the vicinity of a mental hospital, I choose the latter. 

The golf center is at least a mile walk after you cross the bridge.  If anything it would probably be better to walk across the the Triborough Bridge to get there.  I know for sure that there's a pedestrian walkway that goes from Manhattan to Randall's Island, not sure exactly where on the island it leaves you off though.  Whenever I drive across the bridge I always pass at least one person walking, usually several during spring/summer weekends.

Archived