Well Here's a Good Conversation Starter

SevenEleven

Nothing more, nothing less. InZ20Xp.gif

The three 4* D60HFs at JFK Depot are there for the final preparations to get artics in service over there. Last week, a D60 made a trip out to 165th for bay and other clearance testing. The buses out there will be used for "route sizing", once enough ops are trained to take them out.

*Try 25

what do you mean by that?

They will be trained, eventually.

When Baisley Park was being fitted for artics, they sent a few for the Q113.

A few years ago, the MTA took 5 D60HFs and transferred them to Baisley Park for test service on the Q113. 

MTA_Bus_New_Flyer_5351.jpg

What about the Q100?

I don't see that much usage on it to justify artics. The Q53 is a good candidate, but I was also thinking the Q69 or the Q23 (might be tough, though, below Forest Hills) and maybe one of the Airport lines.

I don't see that much usage on it to justify artics. The Q53 is a good candidate, but I was also thinking the Q69 or the Q23 (might be tough, though, below Forest Hills) and maybe one of the Airport lines.

A good artic candidate at LGA would be either the Q33, Q49 or the Q47...just look at how ridiculously packed the lines get...

I wouldn't put them on the Q33, 47 or 49. They run on narrow roads. The 23 and 69 maybe weekdays

Guest MTA Bus

Does anyone else think Casey Stengel should expand their artic fleet onto more routes than just the Q44?

The only other route that would get artics would be the Q12.

Archived