Hugo Chavez Confirmed Dead

BM5 via Woodhaven

Posted by Mark Potter, NBC Miami

March 5, 2013 4:58 pm

He was loved and hated at home…respected and ridiculed abroad.

Born to a family of teachers in 1954, Chavez joined the Venezuelan army, where he came to despise the ruling elite.

In 1989, when a bad economy led to riots and hundreds were killed, Chavez was appalled by orders from then President Carlos Andres Perez to shoot civilians.

Three years later, Chavez, now a lieutenant colonel, led 12,000 troops in a failed coup against Perez.

For more info:

http://nbclatino.com/2013/03/05/hugo-chavez-confirmed-dead

Hugo Chavez has died at 4:25 today.

my thoughts on the death of chavez:

good riddence to a dictator and a despot

to michael moore: I guess that cuban health care system really works huh.

to joseph kennedy : who`s despotic ass are you gonna kiss now?

to jose serrano: who tweeted this today

"Hugo Chavez was a leader that understood the needs of the poor. He was committed to empowering the powerless. R.I.P. Mr. President."

this is the same guy who wants the 22nd ammendment repealed so obama can run for a 3rd time, a united states congressman praising a communist dictator, you bronxites who elected him must be real proud..

i have friends who have escaped from venezuela , and still have family there, and everyone of them is thrilled at the death of this lowlife.

joe

Just goes to show you. Powerful people can die from cancer too and cancer will not discriminate either. That's all folks.

Not getting into the political aspect of it, too tired to debate over politics tonight, got other more important personal problems on my mind but otherwise yeah, werd, that's the truth. There's only one place we are all going right? Of course there is the afterlife for those of many religious faiths (myself included) and it hold merit in the realm of the supernatural....

.... but otherwise as a mindset, we are all created equal, you can be a billionare like Bill Gates but where's all the prestige gonna get you if you're six feet under in the end. Good point.

We all bleed red. That will never change.

Good riddance to him, but I'm unsure whether to invest hope in whoever ends up succeeding him... :unsure:

my thoughts on the death of chavez:

good riddence to a dictator and a despot

to michael moore: I guess that cuban health care system really works huh.

to joseph kennedy : who`s despotic ass are you gonna kiss now?

to jose serrano: who tweeted this today

"Hugo Chavez was a leader that understood the needs of the poor. He was committed to empowering the powerless. R.I.P. Mr. President."

this is the same guy who wants the 22nd ammendment repealed so obama can run for a 3rd time, a united states congressman praising a communist dictator, you bronxites who elected him must be real proud..

i have friends who have escaped from venezuela , and still have family there, and everyone of them is thrilled at the death of this lowlife.

joe

Oh really? Who would you prefer? I never liked him, but I know that Latin America has seen much worse than him, such as in the case of Argentina. And guess what? Those right-wing dictators were helped into power by the U.S. government. Odd how a country that preaches individual liberty at home has supported fascism abroad, isn't it? But I guess when there's a guy out there that doesn't want to give us cheap oil contracts, that's apparently bad. For every Chavez, there has been a Pinochet.

Archived