MTA Bus Operations: Repainted/Wrapped Buses

The TransitMan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, East New York said:

Just out of curiosity, why are you posting this?

This thread is for repaints, rewrapped and unwrapped equipment.

..It's part of the first page, where it says (currently in the "CUOMO" scheme). 

Edited by Calvin

2 hours ago, Calvin said:

..It's part of the first page, where it says (currently in the "CUOMO" scheme). 

Yes I get that, but as the buses are delivered and posted in the transfers thread, or the roster is updated, they are logged into the first page. No need to post them here because it’s already known what colors they are coming in. 

3 hours ago, East New York said:

Yes I get that, but as the buses are delivered and posted in the transfers thread, or the roster is updated, they are logged into the first page. No need to post them here because it’s already known what colors they are coming in. 

Exactly I never understood this, but I guess it's to distinguish if the bus is in the new sbs colors or the new local colors. The list has buses in the new SBS scheme and the new local scheme. So as you know with the buses switching new schemes (Manhattan XD60s, soon the Brooklyn XN60s), etc, they are reported here. So might as well report any new buses as they come in, to keep the roster updated. 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

8 hours ago, East New York said:

Just out of curiosity, why are you posting this?

This thread is for repaints, rewrapped and unwrapped equipment.

6 hours ago, East New York said:

2 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Exactly I never understood this, but I guess it's to distinguish if the bus is in the new sbs colors or the new local colors. The list has buses in the new SBS scheme and the new local scheme. So as you know with the buses switching new schemes (Manhattan XD60s, soon the Brooklyn XN60s), etc, they are reported here. So might as well report any new buses as they come in, to keep the roster updated. 

...because at one point buses from 2011 and up were supposed to be repainted into the "Cuomo" scheme. Now since that is not happening, I have deleted that section of my list. Will be updating this over the weekend. Happy Holidays!

Edited by The TransitMan