MTA Bus Operations: Repainted/Wrapped Buses

The TransitMan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Melbx15 said:

1. Is this a different scheme ?

2. Why was it repainted ? If the nova rts are retiring soon 

That specific unit is being preserved, so I believe it’s getting repainted to match it’s original appearance when it was first delivered.

Edited by S78 via Hylan

2 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

5249 repainted (not my pic)

[removed]

Hot damn! I've been eager to see how this one would look. I knew they gave it the blackback but glad they did the doors too. This is exactly how these buses should have looked the whole time. Any photos of the rear yet? 9207 in private ownership has the whole look too, but this gets to keep the decals since it's an NYCB vehicle...

43 minutes ago, MHV9218 said:

Hot damn! I've been eager to see how this one would look. I knew they gave it the blackback but glad they did the doors too. This is exactly how these buses should have looked the whole time. Any photos of the rear yet? 9207 in private ownership has the whole look too, but this gets to keep the decals since it's an NYCB vehicle...

I've yet to see a photo of the rear, but if by some miracle it sees revenue service like this (*hint, hint*), you best believe I'm getting photos of the bus from every angle possible...