MTA Bus Operations: Repainted/Wrapped Buses

The TransitMan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Transbusfan said:

0010 RTS "Phoenix" was converted and painted to the Metrocard bus at Grand CMF..

Really?? That's wild. I wonder if they'll keep the 6v92. On the one hand, shame to see that bus lose its great paint scheme and history. On the other hand, if it stays alive, and if there's an active bus with an air starter and a 6v92...

6 hours ago, MHV9218 said:

Really?? That's wild. I wonder if they'll keep the 6v92. On the one hand, shame to see that bus lose its great paint scheme and history. On the other hand, if it stays alive, and if there's an active bus with an air starter and a 6v92...

The 6V92 is still in there but I'm not sure about the air starter because that distinctive sound was present during start up..

3 hours ago, Transbusfan said:

The 6V92 is still in there but I'm not sure about the air starter because that distinctive sound was present during start up..

That's wild that they kept the 6v92. Don't tell the Daily News. Probably one of the last regularly operational 6v92 RTSes in the country. I'm gonna have to seek that out if it runs.

12 hours ago, Transbusfan said:

0010 RTS "Phoenix" was converted and painted to the Metrocard bus at Grand CMF..

I wouldn't mind that bus being saved for the museum but I'm not sure how the interior looks. According to Google the interior got converted into an office, can't use that bus on vintage museum runs if that's the case.

Edited by trainfan22