MTA Bus Operations: Repainted/Wrapped Buses

The TransitMan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

Hear me out on this: 1247 (for the most part) is unwrapped. At least one of the sides was in the local scheme with a fading blue stripe. The front of the bus was the only area that still has the SBS wrapping.

I caught it on the M15 SBS.

Probably just the wrap came off when they removed the side ads...

57 minutes ago, Around the Horn said:

Probably just the wrap came off when they removed the side ads...

I think it was more intentional. Maybe your right about them removing the side ads which peeled part of the SBS wrapping, and they probably then continued peeling it off. The ENTIRE driver side was back in the local scheme.

3 hours ago, Snorunts said:

I think it was more intentional. Maybe your right about them removing the side ads which peeled part of the SBS wrapping, and they probably then continued peeling it off. The ENTIRE driver side was back in the local scheme.

I don't get why they apply advertisements when they are aware that the wrap used isn't strong enough to be able to handle them. If their intentions was to do this, they should've used a stronger material for the wrap so it would be able to handle Ads. Let alone the adhesive mess left behind from them too.

1 hour ago, JFK Depot said:

1239 unwrapped as well... 

I have pics of 1247 unwrapped in service on SBS today 

If you have Instagram, I’d love to see those pics! I also got a pic of 1247 today but it was HORRIBLE quality. (My IG is the same as my username here BTW).

2 hours ago, JFK Depot said:

1239... 1254 unwrapped 

1200s days on M15SBS are coming to and end... the question is if they will to to Kingsbridge Wesr Farms or 100st ?

1) 1239 was already reported.

2) They will probably head over to GH and KB to push out their XD60s to Grand Avenue Depot.