MTA Bus Operations: Repainted/Wrapped Buses

The TransitMan

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, danielhg121 said:

It worked! I was able to see it. The bus looks very nice in that wrap. I think it’s fair to expect 6274-6286 to be wrapped in the LaGuardia Link scheme for Q70 service. This probably also means that the current 40 foot Xcelsiors that are used on the Q70 will be unwrapped and placed back on local and limited routes to retire the 2004-2005 Orion VII Hybrids. 

8 minutes ago, Snorunts said:

It worked! I was able to see it. The bus looks very nice in that wrap. I think it’s fair to expect 6274-6286 to be wrapped in the LaGuardia Link scheme for Q70 service. This probably also means that the current 40 foot Xcelsiors that are used on the Q70 will be unwrapped and placed back on local and limited routes to retire the 2004-2005 Orion VII Hybrids. 

I think the 04-05 Hybrids will be retired as needed (i.e. breakdowns) for the time being. Nothing is being replaced until the new buses arrive.  The 2019 XD60's have been here for awhile already so I doubt any buses will be replaced just a shift of assignments.

16 minutes ago, danielhg121 said:

I think the 04-05 Hybrids will be retired as needed (i.e. breakdowns) for the time being. Nothing is being replaced until the new buses arrive.  The 2019 XD60's have been here for awhile already so I doubt any buses will be replaced just a shift of assignments.

Let’s see what happens.