MTA Bus Operations: Repainted/Wrapped Buses

The TransitMan

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

It worked! I was able to see it. The bus looks very nice in that wrap. I think it’s fair to expect 6274-6286 to be wrapped in the LaGuardia Link scheme for Q70 service. This probably also means that the current 40 foot Xcelsiors that are used on the Q70 will be unwrapped and placed back on local and limited routes to retire the 2004-2005 Orion VII Hybrids. 

Someone needs to notify LGA and tell them "hey, the light blue SBS wrap is under the local scheme. U can peel off the yellow on the back so there can be a light blue base under the LGA Link wrap instead." 

I really don't get why they couldn't wrap the 2017 60xx buses. There's 13 buses right there for them. Keep the routes UNIFORMED. 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Someone needs to notify LGA and tell them "hey, the light blue SBS wrap is under the local scheme. U can peel off the yellow on the back so there can be a light blue base under the LGA Link wrap instead." 

I really don't get why they couldn't wrap the 2017 60xx buses. There's 13 buses right there for them. Keep the routes UNIFORMED. 

They probably want the buses with the most cameras on the route. 

9 minutes ago, aemoreira81 said:

Not yet! That was on the Q53 today. That said, it seems odd that they're using the old LaGuardia Link livery over the blue and yellow scheme.

Noted. 

Edited by Calvin

15 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

I agree with you wrapping the 2017 xd60s with the LGA link wrap would make alot more sense but mta seems to always do the opposite of common sense lol

3 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

No.  MTA, who makes the decisions, wants the newest buses on the Q70 SBS.

They need to order a specific batch of artics for the Q70. So since they make all of the decisions, they need to make SMART decisions. That seating layout is very stupid for people with luggage, and whatnot. They need a batch with suburban seating and two sets of luggage racks. 

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888
Run on sentences

On 3/23/2020 at 1:39 PM, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Remember that the 2017s aren't theirs to keep. Easier to commit something to the Q70 that's going to stay there as opposed to doing the 17s, then having to unwrap them, then having to wrap the 19s. 

30 minutes ago, SevenEleven said:

Remember that the 2017s aren't theirs to keep. Easier to commit something to the Q70 that's going to stay there as opposed to doing the 17s, then having to unwrap them, then having to wrap the 19s. 

Thanks for that logical answer! I completely forgot about that, well then yes, I see why they had to go that route. And I'm guessing NYCT doesn't want those buses touched. 

Whatever new batch of XD60s LGA gets (most likely 15 buses), needs to be specifically made for the Q70, and they also need another batch of artics specifically made for the M60. 

1 hour ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

Thanks for that logical answer! I completely forgot about that, well then yes, I see why they had to go that route. And I'm guessing NYCT doesn't want those buses touched. 

Whatever new batch of XD60s LGA gets (most likely 15 buses), needs to be specifically made for the Q70, and they also need another batch of artics specifically made for the M60. 

I believe it's 6274 to 6286 getting wrapped for the Q70, so that would be 13 buses. That leaves 16 left over for the Q53 and spares. 

8 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

I thought the 13  2017s  was going to be kept by MTA bus company? So what's going to replace them ?

22 hours ago, XcelsiorBoii4888 said:

They need to order a specific batch of artics for the Q70. So since they make all of the decisions, they need to make SMART decisions. That seating layout is very stupid for people with luggage, and whatnot. They need a batch with suburban seating and two sets of luggage racks. 

To have a special order for 13 buses in relationship to the number of total buses in the order is wasteful to have a separate contract for an interior modification.

Rather, it is much cheaper for MTA to do the interior modification themselves. 

Since your idea has zero chance of being implemented by posting on a site such as this,  I suggest you take your proposal to MTA via Email.

5 hours ago, Bill from Maspeth said:

To have a special order for 13 buses in relationship to the number of total buses in the order is wasteful to have a separate contract for an interior modification.

Rather, it is much cheaper for MTA to do the interior modification themselves. 

Since your idea has zero chance of being implemented by posting on a site such as this,  I suggest you take your proposal to MTA via Email.

Shiett I will, the MTA needs rider feedback and taxpayer's feedback. We're paying for the shit we should have feedback and they should be openly listening to us.