Jump to content
Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.

MTA Bus Operations: Repainted/Wrapped Buses


The TransitMan

Recommended Posts

On 1/2/2021 at 8:44 PM, MHV9218 said:

Almost the entire 4245-4278 set of Yukon NGs is in original paint as delivered and looks terrible. The oldest paint schemes in the system at 12 years old, except the MCIs.

Yeah, there was a reason they didnt keep that paint scheme. I do believe 4251, 4273 and 4278 and maybe a couple more have been repainted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, happy283 said:

Yeah, there was a reason they didnt keep that paint scheme. I do believe 4251, 4273 and 4278 and maybe a couple more have been repainted.

I don't think any bus from 4245-78 has the newest repaint for NG Hybrids (where they move "Clean Air Hybrid Electric Bus" to the top area).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, happy283 said:

Yeah, there was a reason they didnt keep that paint scheme. I do believe 4251, 4273 and 4278 and maybe a couple more have been repainted.

I think they look bad because the paint jobs are old and falling apart, not because the scheme is bad. I totally prefer the old scheme, though the best ever was probably what 4618 and a couple others had as delivered.

1 hour ago, Snorunts said:

I don't think any bus from 4245-78 has the newest repaint for NG Hybrids (where they move "Clean Air Hybrid Electric Bus" to the top area).

A few of them were repainted in the first repaint cycle, but yeah, none of them got their second repaints with overhauls. Almost all other NGs have been repainted twice at this point, those buses haven't even been painted once!

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To recap seen from a few posts, almost all of 4245-4278 never got a repaint. Just different signs from the other Next Gens.  

Edited by Calvin
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2021 at 11:34 AM, Matthewmp4 said:

MTA NYC Bus: 2015 New Flyer Industries XD40 Xcelsior 7112 on the B17

7112 (East New York Depot) is freshly repainted. 

1 hour ago, Armani said:

7112 Repainted

It was said almost exactly a month ago by Matthewmp4.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/4/2021 at 7:16 PM, Calvin said:

To recap seen from a few posts, almost all of 4245-4278 never got a repaint. Just different signs from the other Next Gens.  

Are you talking about a recent repaint or NEVER...EVER...repainted? I ask because "Cait Sith 810" and I rode either #4251 OR #4259 on the S59 from Tottenville to Elitingville (Hylan Blvd) back around 2015? I was freshly repainted back then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The TransitMan said:

Are you talking about a recent repaint or NEVER...EVER...repainted? I ask because "Cait Sith 810" and I rode either #4251 OR #4259 on the S59 from Tottenville to Elitingville (Hylan Blvd) back around 2015? I was freshly repainted back then.

Most of those are never-ever repainted, and still wear the as-delivered original scheme. Black lining under the windscreen, angled stripe at the rear, and some even have the old "Wide Right Turns" RTS still on the back. Maybe four or five buses in the series were repainted. 4251 was repainted but 4259 is still in original paint.

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, The TransitMan said:

Are you talking about a recent repaint or NEVER...EVER...repainted? I ask because "Cait Sith 810" and I rode either #4251 OR #4259 on the S59 from Tottenville to Elitingville (Hylan Blvd) back around 2015? I was freshly repainted back then.

Never ever repainted in reply. I rode 4271 few weeks ago on the M2 and it still carrys the original number lining and paint. 

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

These XD-40s are in the local scheme (ex. SBS units), just for listing purposes: 7622, 7634, 7639, 7649, 7650, 7652 and 7657

Edited by Calvin
  • Thumbs Up 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/29/2021 at 4:30 PM, Calvin said:

These XD-40s are in the local scheme (ex. SBS units), just for listing purposes: 7622, 7634, 7639, 7649, 7650, 7652 and 7657

You can add 7636 to the list.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.