It's official: South Ferry Loop Platform reopening - No timeline yet, however.

itmaybeokay

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being out of commission is different from being blocked. Once the stalled train is removed, things will go on as usual - a decommissioned station would be South Ferry loop in 2009 after the new one opened.

You misread my post. I meant a stuck train.

As bobtehpanda was originally alluding to.

Unless the single switch from the S/B track to the N/B track south of Rector can be used, but I guess the train terminating will have to reverse rail to utilize that switch.

You mean the crossover that was removed before the South Ferry Terminal was built?

Either way the SF loop is out of commission until they can tow the train out of the station or reset the brakes if the cord is pulled and so forth.

No different than if a train had stalled across the switches going into the terminal (except that the loop would have been available as a backup).

You mean the crossover that was removed before the South Ferry Terminal was built?

No different than if a train had stalled across the switches going into the terminal (except that the loop would have been available as a backup).

Wait, the crossover before the new South Ferry terminal was built? If that's what you mean then yes all the more so. Indeed.

If you are talking about the single switch south of rector, I think someone said that it was removed and 'consolidated/ made irrelevant with the new platform station. If anything, they should've built a pair of switches somewhere south of chambers st/north of cortlandt so local trains can turn back at chambers (currently can only do so by terminating on the express tracks) without closing access to Brooklyn.

Archived