12 more Orion Vs are going bye-bye

Are you serious? The buses were maintained like crap, probably ride like crap, look run down like crap and have been stripped to crap.

I just took a look at the page...never mind. The buses look horrendous as f***. Good luck to whoever buys those buses and fixes them up.

I just took a look at the page...never mind. The buses look horrendous as f***. Good luck to whoever buys those buses and fixes them up.

They can be fixed up despite their condition. Question is who will put the money into fixing them up?

They can be fixed up despite their condition. Question is who will put the money into fixing them up?

I don't know, but I've noticed the same usernames bidding on these auctions also bid on the last few auctions for Nassau's Orion Vs. The buses sell for like $2,000 more or less, and its usually one or two bidders who win all of them, so they must have plans for each bus.

1584?! What is the lowest numbered bus currently in service now?

TTMG's roster needs to be updated because it still says 1526 is in service, but that bus was gone in the first batch. The lowest bus I've rode on NICE that I know is still there is 1533:

1533_n20l.jpg

I don't know, but I've noticed the same usernames bidding on these auctions also bid on the last few auctions for Nassau's Orion Vs. The buses sell for like $2,000 more or less, and its usually one or two bidders who win all of them, so they must have plans for each bus.

TTMG's roster needs to be updated because it still says 1526 is in service, but that bus was gone in the first batch. The lowest bus I've rode on NICE that I know is still there is 1533:

1533_n20l.jpg

Do the past autions show who the winner was?   I'd love to know what happens with these buses after their life in Nassau County.

Sure just about anything can be fixed up with time and money, the real question becomes is it worth the time/money to fix up this or is the same/cheaper to buy a newwer bus in better condition?

These buses are CNG, how long are the tanks good for?  Aren't these buses going on 15 years?

Are you serious? The buses were maintained like crap, probably ride like crap, look run down like crap and have been stripped to crap.

In all reality these buses were probably the worse of the worse when it wa time to put them out to pasture.  They probably stopped running (or had some other defect) and the cost of the repair was not worth fixing it.  Seriously, why else would NICE get rid of these buses?  They're not going to get rid of good buses.  If NICE with a team of mechanics and access to parts doesn't feel they're worth it, why would anyone else with a fleet of mechanics and parts feel it would be worth it.  Maybey someone would want to fix them up and sell them, but if it were that easy wouldn't NICE just overhaul the buses and pocket the cash?

The only people I can see buying these are people who want the parts.  If someone wanted a cheap Orion for whatever reason other auction sites diesel transit bus that look to be in far better condition and a lot less trouble.

Do the past autions show who the winner was?   I'd love to know what happens with these buses after their life in Nassau County.

Yes, until about 14 days after the auction end, then its not online anymore. Look back the day of or days after these auctions end and you'll see the final prices and the winner(s).

I just looked through the buses and a few of the buses are old tire storage.  NICE is going to make someone remove NICE's old tires if they want those buses.  BWAHAHAHA genius!

Very clever. I wonder if that's going to be the default tire-disposal method for NICE in the future.

I just looked through the buses and a few of the buses are old tire storage. NICE is going to make someone remove NICE's old tires if they want those buses. BWAHAHAHA genius!

Very clever. I wonder if that's going to be the default tire-disposal method for NICE in the future.

It was nice of NICE to give the person all the seats on the Orion V that has the tires inside. The other buses are all missing seats.

Well, the auctions are over. Looks like this time, NICE did a bit better, with each bus selling for about 3k each, compared to the less than 2k each last time. That bidder cotton1928 seems to be buying most of the Orion Vs from NICE, so he must have a plan for them. Not only did he win almost all of these, but he won all the Orion Vs in the last batch of auctioned buses:

http://www.auctionsinternational.com/servlet/Search.do?auctionId=708

Archived