Same old, same old 3/8/13

GojiMet86

^^^^ Yeah I totally agree, those are the best shots out of the collection GojiMet posted. The pics also gives a good reflection of the local scene in Astoria.

Those are some solid pics Mr. GojiMet86! Solid, direct hits with the camera as usual, indeed! +1.

Great pictures! 

What is the big elevated bridge?

That is the Hell's Gate Bridge, constructed as part of the New York Connecting Railroad. It has a capacity for 4 tracks (and had 4 tracks), but carries only 3 tracks right now. The 2 southernmost tracks have catenary wires and carry Amtrak and the NJ Transit Meadowlands Special. The MTA has proposed putting Metro-North in the mix as well. The third track carries CSX, and some other freight carriers. The passenger railroads run to Penn Station, while the freight trains run either to Fresh Pond or through the Bay Ridge line. Some subway cars have been delivered through the bridge.

P1070845.jpg

IMG_2046_zpsfee07803.jpg

A map:

NYCRRmap.png

• 3 weeks later...

Nice shots!

Great pics.

Good ones. The shot with the two ex-Bee Line Orion 5s especially came out really great!

^^^^ Yeah I totally agree, those are the best shots out of the collection GojiMet posted. The pics also gives a good reflection of the local scene in Astoria.

Those are some solid pics Mr. GojiMet86! Solid, direct hits with the camera as usual, indeed! +1.

Great pictures! 

What is the big elevated bridge?

Wow, very nice and imposing bridge!

I had noticed it was a railway bridge in the pictures of the first post because of the overhead wires.

Excellent shots!

I can the Q69 is one of your favorite routes :)

I wonder why the Q69 didn't get guide a ride boxes yet?

Excellent shots!

Nice shots very good. They need to get rid of those old RTS Buses (Rolling Ton of Sh**...)

Thanks, guys!

Archived