R46's on the E train and some other stuff..

RTOMan

Ok... lots of weird stuff here.

1] Why are R42's going to jamaica yard? Would this mean that they might run in service on the (E),(F) or (R) lines?

2]Five sets of R46's on the (E) out of the blue?

Sightly off topic but has anyone heard the rumor that R42's are coming back to the (L) line due to shortage of 143's breaking down?

The R42 now runs on the (A),(E),(J),(Z). Soon the R42 will run on the (C),and maybe (F) and (R) also. The R42 will has one more year left to run on the (J)/(Z) lines. When the R160 takes over the (J)/(Z) lines,then I guess the R42 will completely 100% run on the (A),(C),(E),(F) and (R) and the remaining R32might retire once the R42 take over the line where R32 runs. R40M run on the (A),(;) and sometimes on the (Q) and (D). I bet soon the R40M might run on the (C),(E),(F) and (R) soon.The R40M has one more year to run on the (D) and (Q). When the R160 take over the (Q) line and R68/R68A takeover the (D) line then the R40M will completey 100% run only on the (A),(B),(C),(E),(F) and (R) lines and then the R32 and R38 might retire.

The R42 now runs on the (A),(E),(J),(Z). Soon the R42 will run on the (C),and maybe (F) and (R) also. The R42 will has one more year left to run on the (J)/(Z) lines. When the R160 takes over the (J)/(Z) lines,then I guess the R42 will completely 100% run on the (A),(C),(E),(F) and (R) and the remaining R32might retire once the R42 take over the line where R32 runs. R40M run on the (A),(;) and sometimes on the (Q) and (D). I bet soon the R40M might run on the (C),(E),(F) and (R) soon.The R40M has one more year to run on the (D) and (Q). When the R160 take over the (Q) line and R68/R68A takeover the (D) line then the R40M will completey 100% run only on the (A),(B),(C),(E),(F) and (R) lines and then the R32 and R38 might retire.

I know the R42's run on the lines you mentioned.. The R42's may not even last another month on the (J) and (Z) lines!! And the 40M's will most likely only run on (A) and (C) lines once they all get transfered. i highy doubt that any mods would go to jamaica.

I know the R42's run on the lines you mentioned.. The R42's may not even last another month on the (J) and (Z) lines!! And the 40M's will most likely only run on (A) and (C) lines once they all get transfered. i highy doubt that any mods would go to jamaica.

Well Let's find out anyways what NYC subway cars are assigned to that route and other things in the future.

(E) well I finally rode an R46 E train after years of Them not being on the E line! It was a nice afternoon I was going to the sony wonder lab with my mom in manhattan we waited at 23rd ely after getting off the G train for the E train I chanted to myself "please be an R42 or an R46 E train, please be an R42 or an R46 E train " over and over again. i squeezed my eyes for hope, then I heard an rumuling sound deep in the tunnel. I started to hear R46 clanks as well. and then It came! an set of R46 subway cars with that big shining royal blue (E) rollsign. my face lit up right away! as it stormed into the station i was excited. when the train stopped we got on. it was pretty roomy. the car smelled like cinnamon buns. the LED sign said "E: 8 ave lcl, blink, via 53 st, blink, world trade center" as we sat the conducter annuned the next stop and we took off I was so happy during that. as we got of I waved bye bye. unfortunatley, i got stuck with the stupid, old nosiy R32 E train on our way back! but i was still happy on that day anyway!

Archived