Track Worker List 5016 Extended to March 14, 2014

marleywong

Whereas a restriction against the filling of vacancies due to budgetary constraints has limited the number of Track Workers the New York City Transit Authority has been able to hire, the duration of an existing eligible list for Track Worker, based on exam no. 5016, has been extended to March 14, 2014.

The Department of Citywide Administrative Services established the list in March 2009 and extended it by a year on Feb. 27, 2013. The list was held April 22-23, 2006.

Good luck if you still on this list 

• 4 months later...

Im new to this forum, I was sent an pre-screening for employment. on May 13th, I did my urine and was given a packet, and told that I would receive a call for my medical. Im still waiting... should I be concerned or is that standard.. Please someone ease my nerves with this.. Thanks

Im new to this forum, I was sent an pre-screening for employment. on May 13th, I did my urine and was given a packet, and told that I would receive a call for my medical. Im still waiting... should I be concerned or is that standard.. Please someone ease my nerves with this.. Thanks

I can't comment on the wait, as it all depends on the title and how quickly that Dept is hiring or starting classes.

But when they do call you, it will be for the next step down at 180 Livingston with just a few days notice. It would be for a full physical and comparing that package they gave you with one they have and so forth. It's an all day process starting at 7:30AM till about 5 or even 7PM in some cases.

I know there was a class that just came out this month, but I do not know if there's one currently or soon.

You can try calling them, but I don't remember what the number is and it depends on who answers as to how helpful they will be.

I'm not sure if you turn up dirty on the urine test if they send you a notice saying so or at all. 

Also, I would've sworn that that list was established back in 2007 (and not 2009), as I know plenty of guys who took that test in '06 and were hired in '07 and '08 at the top of that list.

Thanks for the information, the list was extended another year it was set to terminate on March of this year. I did call and they told me the wait could possibly be 90 days to 1 year. they are up too 1609.. my number is 1803.. I will just keep on being patient... Thanks for the feed back

Archived