2013 NYC Mayoral Election Discussion

Amtrak7

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just came up with some cartoons, most of which convey the message that the State of New York has been stealing from the City of New York and MTA. I am gonna have T-shirts bearing these cartoons made.

by the way if anybody wants to help make these cartoons, they can, since all I have done is come up with ideas. I have not yet created the cartoons.

I just came up with some cartoons, most of which convey the message that the State of New York has been stealing from the City of New York and MTA. I am gonna have T-shirts bearing these cartoons made.

by the way if anybody wants to help make these cartoons, they can, since all I have done is come up with ideas. I have not yet created the cartoons.

Ask a cartoonist. They need the cash these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Words can't even express how much I detest Quinn. She's a spineless and corrupt old-school politician who has never taken a stand on a single thing, is the reason we got Bloomberg term three, and has used personal vendettas as reason to cut funding for youth and senior programs in rivals' neighborhoods. The whole slush fund situation is awful as well. 

Horrible woman.

In her 1st major interview since she announced she running, Quinn told in tv interviews with both CNN and MSNBC mainly on the gay marriage issue before the Supreme Court, she proudly claims she  is a "pushy broad" and wont apologize for it. reactions?

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/christine-quinn-yep-pushy-broad-article-1.1300802

So in other words she's proud for acting like a total bitch? I have to say that Quinn doesn't appear to be a stable candidate. I don't mind people being real with their emotions, but when you accept a position of responsibility like this you have to keep yourself on check.

The way she's potraying herself seems to be I'm aggressive so I'm in control. To me it seems this chick has gone crazy with power, and if she's elected it's only bound to get worse.

So yeah, let's elect Bloomberg's fourth term!

• 3 months later...

Repost to correct section.

This video is courtesy of NYC Is Not 4 Sale

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election/super-pac-plans-mail-campaign-christine-quinn-article-1.1338731?localLinksEnabled=false

This was past Monday's Mayor Forum on Animal Protection Bill where she didn't show up because she don't love animals.

This picture and videos are courtesy of Defeat Christine Quinn

936199_183360285152894_334140619_n.jpg

Speaking off Quinn, here are from parade.

NY Class and Goosewatch NYC joined Anti-Quinn Marchers.

1016093_477309125684882_1430161391_n.jpg

1044354_611888422189431_459570001_n.jpg

1006197_611964752181798_1333193648_n.jpg

942315_611881208856819_1639613288_n.jpg

993605_612301932148080_2131925208_n.jpg

1002783_612302055481401_1831174487_n.jpg

1011798_477621758986952_1124761801_n.jpg

I only joined for animals and against Quinn.

Enjoy it!!

Look at Team Quinn did after the parade?

1269_203844483104474_285959147_n.jpg

Some libraries and Flushing Meadow Park could be destroy if she becomes Mayor.

I guess Quinn don't care for environment or recycling. She only cares about money.

I honestly can't imagine this city voting for this woman. To me, fourth term for Bloomberg would not be a bother. But it seems to me that somebody like Joe Lhota would be a good candidate, and thats not just because I'm a fan of the (MTA) . It may just be a hard ballot for me to fill put this year!

do you feel Lhota is the 2nd coming of rudy?

I honestly can't imagine this city voting for this woman. To me, fourth term for Bloomberg would not be a bother. But it seems to me that somebody like Joe Lhota would be a good candidate, and thats not just because I'm a fan of the (MTA) . It may just be a hard ballot for me to fill put this year!

Currently Wiener has 24% and Quinn has only 20% of the democratic voters support, a drastic change from 54% of Democratic supporters IIRC in the previous months, due to her screwup in her campain tatics as of 7 days now according to a recent poll. Part of the reason is backstabbing the LGBT community, the straphangers dependant on MTA services, and resentment of the Irish American community and the minority voters due to her games with many of her policies in support of Bloomberg. Many NYers are definitely nervous about this including those in her own party with her lies and therefore I highly doubt she will take over City Hall. So yes you made a good analysis and the polls and surveys shows her popularity is dropping like a rock and crumbling.

Really she needs to drop out of the mayoral race or her credibility will be completly ruined, its on her, she's digging for herself a hole sort of speak. She really is.

do you feel Lhota is the 2nd coming of rudy?

Not answering for Brett, she is attempting to continue Bloomberg's policies. The stop and frisk controversy is one of them plus the increase of unnecessary police surveilance even deployment of drones. (!!!)

The bottom line is that Quinn is a hypocrite, which will only add to the current local government already based on fallacies and lies.

Believe me, casting a vote for Quinn is just like casting another vote for Bloomberg. Why through away that vote?

Bill Thompson came close in the last election. I'm wondering where did he go? I shudder if the city picks the 'bully' Quinn or the pervert Weiner. What does that say about this city if either of those 2 manages to win not only the democratic nod, but even the mayor's office? To me at this point I'd take my chances with Thompson.

To me Lhota is uninteresting and doesn't speak up enough (and when he does, he backs down because it was too 'harsh'). Catsemetis has been running a better campaign and getting support from a 'liberal' group. If anything Lhota doesn't seem to have his heart in the race and he might not even win the nomination if he stays off the radar.

Quinn is a bully, Weiner is a scumbag, Lhota was a tool of Guiliani's (and I don't care who knows it, either), and Thompson's performance in the mayoral debate against Bloomberg four years ago made him a laughing stock in my eyes.  The best solution at this point would be if all the voters chose write-in candidates..... by writing in their own names and voting.  I'd rather that everyone voted for themselves then see  any of the aforementioned candidates get elected.

Speaker Christine C. Quinn <speakerquinn@council.nyc.ny.us>
7/19/12
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Dear Animal Rights Advocate

Thank you for contacting me regarding Intro. 86, legislation introduced by Council Member Melissa Mark-Viverito that would, among other things, replace horse drawn carriages in New York City with alternative fuel powered classic cars.

Carriage horses in New York City bear a unique and substantial burden, one that the City Council and I take very seriously, and I greatly appreciate you writing to us on behalf of these special animals.  

As you may recallin 2010 the City Council passed new carriage horse regulations requiring, among other things, that horses have larger stalls, five weeks of vacation and rest per year, and blankets in cold and wet weather.  Our legislation also included several important safety requirements.  For example, carriages must have emergency brakes and reflective material.  They must also be equipped with manure-catching devices.  And new horse carriage operators must now have a driver's license and go through additional training. 

Given the tough economic times that we're inwe continue to believe that this legislation strikes a fair balance between having stronger regulations in place to protect thesehorses while allowing an industry that generates vital jobs and tourism for our city to continue. 

However, we'll certainly keep your strong support for Intro. 86 in mind as we continue to look for ways to help further improve and protect the lives of these special animals.

In the meantime, I would encourage folks to report any violations of the City's carriagehorse rules directly to the ASPCA.  The ASPCA has been actively involved in horsecarriage enforcement activities in the past and has continued to play an integral role in the protection of these animals under our new regulations.  They can be reached by phone at (212) 876-7700, ext. 4450, or by e-mail at enforcement@aspca.org.  

Thanks again for contacting me regarding Intro. 86.  Your care and concern for thesehorses are greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Christine C. Quinn

Speaker

NYC Council

P.S.  My apologies for the "Dear Animal Rights Advocate" salutation.  We're having some problems with our database system and weren't able to personally address these letters in bulk.  We're working on getting the problem fixed, though, and hope to have it resolved very soon.

Speaker Christine C. Quinn
Jul 1 (2 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Dear Mr. Endo, 

thousand thanks to you and everyone else who stood up for our public libraries during this year's budget process!

With your support, we were able to provide $106 million in funding for the City's three public library systems in the Fiscal Year 2014 Adopted Budget.

Not only will this ensure that every local library branch remains open so that it can continue providing a steady stream of services – from reading and research, to after-school programs and literacy classes, to acting as a community center – but it will also save over 1,500 jobs and maintain service hours around the five boroughs.

This year's budget also restores cuts to child care and after school services, protects the jobs of more than 300 NYCHA employees who faced possible layoffs, and ensures that senior and community centers in NYCHA properties stay open. 

If there was ever any doubt at all about how about much New Yorkers cherish their local libraries, it was completely wiped away by the incredible outpouring of support that we saw from you and other library users during this year's budget season.  We received close to 100,000 petitions in support of our public libraries this year!  Truly amazing.

As we have said time and again, libraries strengthen our neighborhoods and enhance the educational and cultural lives of New Yorkers – and services this important deserve a stable level of funding.

Thanks again for standing up for our city's libraries.  We couldn't have done this without you!  If you would like to stay up-to-date and involved in our efforts to help make New York a greater, more livable city, please click here or visit us online at www.council.nyc.gov.

Sincerely,

Christine C. Quinn

Speaker

NYC Council

Domenic M. Recchia, Jr.

Chair, Finance Committee

NYC Council

Jimmy Van Bramer

Chair, Committee on Cultural Affairs, Libraries & International Intergroup Relations

NYC Council

Vincent J. Gentile

Chair, Select Committee on Libraries

NYC Council

Speaker Christine C. Quinn
Jun 21 (12 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Dear Mr. Endo

Many thanks for your email on behalf of our city's libraries. 

I'm always amazed by the incredible outpouring of support for these institutionsthat we see year after year during budget season.  

We're definitely going to need to count on that support this year as we once again face deep cuts to our public libraries.  

As we said in our response to the Mayor's preliminary budget, these continual cuts ignore the vital role that our libraries play as a community resource – a resource that we're not fully taking advantage of.  Not only could libraries play a bigger educational role with adequate funding – for English language and adult literacy classes; for after-school programs and business start-up courses – but they could also serve as "mini city halls," bringing access to city services and resources to people in a friendly and trusted environment.  

That's why the City Council and I have called on Mayor Bloomberg to work with us to provide a stable and adequate baseline level of funding to really make public libraries the vital community resources they should and can be.  All it takes is vision and recognition of the tremendous bang for the buck we get with our public libraries.

With your and the Mayor's support, I'm confident that we can once again pass a responsible, balanced budget on time – one that builds on our record of successful fiscal management while recognizing and honoring the key role that libraries and other critical services play in the lives of New Yorkers.

Thanks again for your advocacy and support on behalf of our city's libraries.  I'll be sure to keep you posted on the outcome of our budget negotiations with Mayor Bloomberg.

In the meantime, additional information about this year's budget process, including a copy of our response to the Mayor's preliminary budget, can be found on the City Council's website at www.council.nyc.gov.   

Sincerely,

Christine C. Quinn

Speaker

NYC Council

P.S.  If you would like to stay up-to-date and involved in the Council's efforts to help make New York a more livable and prosperous city, please click here or visit us online at www.council.nyc.gov

Dear Library Supporter

Many thanks for your email on behalf of the Queens Library

I'm always amazed by the incredible outpouring of support for these institutionsthat we see year after year during budget season.  

With funding for all three library systems once again in jeopardy, we're definitely going to need all of the support we can get to successfully fight these cutbacks.  

As we said in our response to the Mayor's preliminary budget, these continual cuts to our public libraries ignore the vital role that they play as a community resource – a resource that we're not fully taking advantage of.  Not only could libraries play a bigger educational role with adequate funding – for English language and adult literacy classes; for after-school programs and business start-up courses – but they could also serve as "mini city halls," bringing access to city services and resources to people in a friendly and trusted environment.  

That's why the City Council and I have called on Mayor Bloomberg to work with us to provide a stable and adequate baseline level of funding to really make public libraries the vital community resources they should and can be.  All it takes is vision and recognition of the tremendous bang for the buck we get with our public libraries.

With your and the Mayor's support, I'm confident that we can once again pass a responsible, balanced budget on time – one that builds on our record of successful fiscal management while recognizing and honoring the key role that libraries and other critical services play in the lives of New Yorkers.

Thanks again for your advocacy and outreach on behalf of the Queens Library and all the important services that it provides.  I'll be sure to keep you posted on the outcome of our budget negotiations with Mayor Bloomberg.

In the meantime, additional information about this year's budget process, including a copy of our response to the Mayor's preliminary budget, can be found on the City Council's website at www.council.nyc.gov.   

Sincerely,

Christine C. Quinn

Speaker

NYC Council

P.S.  If you would like to stay up-to-date and involved in the Council's efforts to help make New York a more livable and prosperous city, please click here or visit us online at www.council.nyc.gov 

I sent email directly but I don't trust any of her words.

Is it acceptable to Quinn as an out of the closet sellout lesbian, that's what I'm asking.

Well use her level of interest and weigh it to this issue. Rough self statistics would say she doesn't care, which is ironically sad.

Bill Thompson came close in the last election. I'm wondering where did he go? I shudder if the city picks the 'bully' Quinn or the pervert Weiner. What does that say about this city if either of those 2 manages to win not only the democratic nod, but even the mayor's office? To me at this point I'd take my chances with Thompson.

To me Lhota is uninteresting and doesn't speak up enough (and when he does, he backs down because it was too 'harsh'). Catsemetis has been running a better campaign and getting support from a 'liberal' group. If anything Lhota doesn't seem to have his heart in the race and he might not even win the nomination if he stays off the radar.

Yes. My thoughts exactly, Mr. Thompson caused wreck and nearly defeated Bloomberg in the last election. Came *real* close. His strong points this year would be higher sensitivities to the communities for the minority vote, endorsement from the United Federation of Teachers (a concerted effort on the part of the UFT that hasn't occurred since the race that formed the Dinkin's Administration), his opposition to the NYPD stop and frisk policies, instead demanding reforms in NYPD surveillance and patrolling tactics. Not to mention again, transportation improvements i.e increase in funding to the MTA and DOT for mass transit and road infrastructure improvements and new construction altogether IIRC.

For these reasons and more Thompson is bringing a huge rally of democratic middle class supporters giving all opponents a run for their money. As of now for the month of June Thompson, Wiener and Quinn are toe to toe in the polls in a three way tie, a change from May which means that Thompson's popularity is increasing. Quinn's support dropped from 20% to 19% percent among registered Democratic voters, Weiner is at 17% percent and Thompson at 16% percent, as the polls reveals with a 3.4 margin for error.

Originally Weiner had 24% and Quinn, 20% and that was only in May! The heat is on for the spot in City Hall, never seen anything like this.

Add:

I vaguely remember Giuliani as I was bit young to know anything about politics back then, but I do remember part of his success and his potential for a Presidential candidate in 2008. I honestly would have voted for him.

She goes farther than Bloomberg would, in my opinion. Even Bloomberg knows the success of the (MTA) . I have absolutely no intention of voting for Quinn or Wiener (unless its my own).

If you remember, the fierce violence between the Latin Kings and the Bloods in NYC back in the 90's the Rudy Administration with the NYPD put the deadly rashes of killings to a complete halt. (I can supply pics but it is so graphic it will be NSFW) It was because of the Giuliani administration NYC is remarkably safer today then it was when I was in high school. He also cleaned up Times Square and shut down all the XXX shops and booted out the whores. But He also has his share of controversy with the Afro-American and Latino community as an aftershock because of how he cracked down on crime but I believe that was more the fault of the NYPD police commissioner at the time with his tatics.

Coming from a Gen Y dude, yours truly, Rudy did a decent job in my opinion, compared to Bloomberg where in recent statements made to the press clearly shows he's in support of elitist bigots and not there for all NYers.

Giuliani was not. He actually, like David Dinkins, or Koch actually made concerted efforts to hear out the voices of all NYers.

Well use her level of interest and weigh it to this issue. Rough self statistics would say she doesn't care, which is ironically sad.

She needs to drop out of the race. She really screwed herself up but her own inflated ego will not allow her.

She needs to drop out of the race. She really screwed herself up but her own inflated ego will not allow her.

Agreed. She is doing nothing but a disfavor to the groups she claims to be affiliated with. If she takes office it's obvious she won't give a rats ass about anyone outside her spectrum of activity.

The bigger they come the harder they fall, right dude?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived