2013 NYC Mayoral Election Discussion

Amtrak7

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was just a sleazebag who got discovered. That's the distinction.

Exactly, this isn't news.

I'm not all for this guys political stance (despite myself being Democrat), but what the guy does in his spare time is personal, so I could care less. If I were in NYC I'd consider him foremost any other major candidates, such as Quinn, anyone but Quinn.

Quinn, if the polls are right, but of that group the only democrat I'd consider voting for would be Thompson since he doesn't seem to have the baggage the other candidates have. He didn't need to get arrested (at least not that I know of recently) to get attention.

I still don't understand how this guy got ahead of Quinn. I'm also with the "anyone but Quinn" crowd but really, this guy?

Quinn, if the polls are right, but of that group the only democrat I'd consider voting for would be Thompson since he doesn't seem to have the baggage the other candidates have. He didn't need to get arrested (at least not that I know of recently) to get attention.

Thompson is a nice guy, but he's got nothing but baggage from all the sleazy people who've given him money (mob-tied Al D'Amato, for one) in return for support and favors. Quinn is a corrupt liar who we can thank for Bloomberg's third term, and Liu has barely gone a day in office without a corruption scandal. I'd take Thompson over Quinn or Liu, but he's a flawed candidate. De Blasio and Albanese are the only two clean candidates, but Albanese has very little shot. As for getting arrested, that doesn't really bother me. Honestly, considering Weiner was leading the polls by name-recognition alone, getting arrested (for a good cause) and improving your name recognition isn't that terrible an idea.

For all these people, I hate to say it, but Bloomberg probably would've won an easy 4th term. And by the last polls, Quinn is first and Mr. penis, er Weiner is 4th. 

For the GOP side, I honestly see Lahota losing because he's no where and when he makes a comment, he tries to do damage control instead of sticking by his word. I dunno too much about Catsimetitis, but of those 2, I'd have to go with Cats, but not by choice.

For all these people, I hate to say it, but Bloomberg probably would've won an easy 4th term. And by the last polls, Quinn is first and Mr. penis, er Weiner is 4th. 

For the GOP side, I honestly see Lahota losing because he's no where and when he makes a comment, he tries to do damage control instead of sticking by his word. I dunno too much about Catsimetitis, but of those 2, I'd have to go with Cats, but not by choice.

No way, Bloomberg is toxic these days. His popularity is so low that he's probably Quinn's biggest problem right now, just the fact that she was so closely tied (read: said yes to everything he wanted) to him. De Blasio is up to 21% of the vote right now, definitely have to keep an eye on him.

In regard to the GOP, how about neither? Lol, but honestly, Lhota is by far the better candidate and has a much better chance. Cats has no shot at all, really something of a joke in the polls right now. Bit of a sleazebag as well, not a good guy. Lhota may have his foot in his mouth, but he's relatively honest. I don't mind the guy, but I wouldn't want him as mayor...too close to Giuliani.

Guys, we all know Lhota's gonna win.

I doubt it.

I only wished he'd be less silent. Haven't really heard much from him. mvh: lol, of course i figured you wouldn't care about the gop side.

Lol, I don't support them but I do care...vastly prefer Lhota to Catsimatididmatidmatadoratis.

This is coming from a non-NYC resident. Take a closer look at the last mayoral election and you'll see why politics in the city is all screwed up. Ms. Quinn, and the NYC press are the only reason Mr Thompson is not the mayor today. She needed to allow Bloomberg to run for the third term (and win) because she would have lost to Thompson. Now that he has that blemish on his record it's easier for her to run against him. If the press hadn't annointed Bloomberg the winner before the last election Mr Thompson would be mayor today. IIRC Bloomberg squeaked by to win by a few thousnd votes and not the landslide the press was predicting. The press turned off much of the electorate by discounting Thompson's chances before a vote was cast the last time. As an outsider I see DeBlasio, Thompson, and Albanese as the only viable candidates. I see Lhota as an inexperienced politician in the dirty world of NYC politics which may not be a bad position to be in. The last thing he needs is the stench of Rudy to waft over him. Carry on.

This is coming from a non-NYC resident. Take a closer look at the last mayoral election and you'll see why politics in the city is all screwed up. Ms. Quinn, and the NYC press are the only reason Mr Thompson is not the mayor today. She needed to allow Bloomberg to run for the third term (and win) because she would have lost to Thompson. Now that he has that blemish on his record it's easier for her to run against him. If the press hadn't annointed Bloomberg the winner before the last election Mr Thompson would be mayor today. IIRC Bloomberg squeaked by to win by a few thousnd votes and not the landslide the press was predicting. The press turned off much of the electorate by discounting Thompson's chances before a vote was cast the last time. As an outsider I see DeBlasio, Thompson, and Albanese as the only viable candidates. I see Lhota as an inexperienced politician in the dirty world of NYC politics which may not be a bad position to be in. The last thing he needs is the stench of Rudy to waft over him. Carry on.

Lhota has my vote... He's got a wealth of experience from his time over at MSG to his time working with Rudy, overseeing the day-to-day operations, so he has plenty of experience.

Lhota has my vote... He's got a wealth of experience from his time over at MSG to his time working with Rudy, overseeing the day-to-day operations, so he has plenty of experience.

As Trainmaster put it, the stench working with Rudy.

I wouldn't be so certain. There's yet to be a conclusive agreement amongst the polls that she has a safe lead, and it's very questionable whether she'll be able to carry the black and minority votes should she come into a runoff against either Thompson or De Blasio. 

That's exactly my concern as well^ Meanwhile Cats has numerous commercials already and more or less pledges to keep the police stuff as is. He seems to be more or less Bloomberg like in terms 1 and 2. It seems more like Lhota is either non existent or doesn't seem to be taking the race as seriously as he should. I was leaning with Lhota, but at this rate I'd switch to Cats (especially if Quinn wins her party's nomination).

New York City for Sales and New York Clean Lilable for Safer Streets are kicking of voter outreach caravassing and fliering ANYONE BUT QUINN at following locations. If interested, please RSVP at both sites at following event that is good for you.

http://www.nyclass.org/events

http://www.anybodybutquinn.com/calendar

Caravassing is knocking people's door.

Fliering is handing out fliers.

Archived