Yo! Bus Serving Boston, Filling Fung Wah's Void

Cait Sith

They got Lucky Star bus filling that void already, pretty sure they increased service and they always charged the same as Fung Wah and used similar equipment (mostly/all Vanhool).

Yo! Bus will be more popular though because its a part of Greyhound. Lucky star hasn't also been the best in Maintnence

The thing about some of those cut-rate Chinatown operators....in the past, when regulators shut them down for whatever cause, they came back the next day under a new name and continued the same old M.O.   Looks like they really are cracking down on them, this time.  The best way is to simply impound their vehicles, until they can show that they are in full compliance of all appropriate regulations...

I wouldn't lump Megabus and Bolt in the same bag as the others....Megabus and Bolt are  divisions of global operators....Stagecoach for Megabus, and First Group for Bolt...both based in the U.K.  Both have deep enough pockets to insure safe modern equipment, and adequately trained and monitored drivers....

Isn't Bolt supposed to be Greyhound/Peter Pan's comparative service? Why would they create another franchise?

That's a good question.....

I will say that the Yo Buses seem to be specifically targeted at Chinatown ridership.....they even have Chinese lettering on the sides....

Isn't Bolt supposed to be Greyhound/Peter Pan's comparative service? Why would they create another franchise?

To capitalize on the downfall of Chinatown services. I would think they would want to keep Boltbus around the midtown area to compete against Megabus.

Yo is already up and running to Boston. Whenever the dog and the fairy feel like doing something quick around here, they pounce on it.

Now all Greyhound needs for the sweep is a hispanic franchise and base it out of the GWB Bus Station.

Does El Galgo vs. La Cubana sound viable?

Yo is already up and running to Boston. Whenever the dog and the fairy feel like doing something quick around here, they pounce on it.

Now all Greyhound needs for the sweep is a hispanic franchise and base it out of the GWB Bus Station.

Does El Galgo vs. La Cubana sound viable?

¡Mira! Bus lines sounds better IMO

Sounds like all of the big bus companies are scheming together to make these cheap lines. I'm very suspicious of the Bolt and Mega buses. The workers are always pretty sketchy. 

Having ridden BoltBus to and from Boston dozens of times and other low cost operator several times, I can tell you that BoltBus drivers are a million times more professional than Chinatown and Megabus drivers. A lot of Bolt drivers like to make jokes over the intercom and chat with the passengers during pit stops. Easily the friendliest staff I've ever met.

Having ridden BoltBus to and from Boston dozens of times and other low cost operator several times, I can tell you that BoltBus drivers are a million times more professional than Chinatown and Megabus drivers. A lot of Bolt drivers like to make jokes over the intercom and chat with the passengers during pit stops. Easily the friendliest staff I've ever met.

I'll definitely agree with the Boltbus Ops being more professional than Megabus or the god-awful Chinatown guys. Still, if I can swing it, I prefer to stick to Amtrak for these routes. 

Archived