Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Railfan

Scared D train

I love this! Who says trains having personalities in fiction can't be pulled off well?!! :D

Lol @ "You can't talk to it that way, it's not the (Q) train."

• Upvote 8

To me, that guy holding out the metrocard symbolized the fare hike and the (MTA) always wanting more and more, just to have the same trains pull up everyday. The dialogue in the video was funny too:

"You can't talk to it that way, it's not the (Q) train." LOL. Also, look at the YouTube comments, they're funny.

• Upvote 2

This reminds me of an episode in Thomas the Tank, when Henry didn't want to come out of the tunnel because the rain would spoil his paint.. (sort of..)

Edited by 6 Lexington Ave
  • Upvote 2

Can some post the link to the video, because it doesn't show on a mobile device

This is surprisingly hard to do:

Edited by Quill Depot

Lol oh wow.  :lol: 

This actually rings a bell of truth with the horrible service at 4th Avenue!!! @ 1:13 was the funniest part! People at 36th St and Atlantic Barklays/Pacific DO end up cussing because of the constant delays on that (D) to Brooklyn and the (N) for that matter because of the bottlenecking issue at Dekalb Ave. I'm not kidding, real talk. The train-bunching happens so frequently along with insane waits sometimes because of that aspect of problems at Dekalb Ave.

Funny as heck but a very accurate satire based on the reality of the everyday rush hour commute on the 4th Ave line.

Lol oh wow.  :lol: 

This actually rings a bell of truth with the horrible service at 4th Avenue!!! @ 1:13 was the funniest part! People at 36th St and Atlantic Barklays/Pacific DO end up cussing because of the constant delays on that (D) to Brooklyn and the (N) for that matter because of the bottlenecking issue at Dekalb Ave. I'm not kidding, real talk. The train-bunching happens so frequently along with insane waits sometimes because of that aspect of problems at Dekalb Ave.

Funny as heck but a very accurate satire based on the reality of the everyday rush hour commute on the 4th Ave line.

DeKalb is a pretty bad choke point. Also, they still can't manage to time (N) and (D) trains to not arrive at 36 St. going northbound at the same time. Result is always the (N) standing south of the station while the (D) gets in and out.

• Upvote 1

Guest MTA Bus

So, it's ok to talk to the (Q) like that, but not the (D). Sounds like something somebody on the forums would say.

• Upvote 3

That (D) needed a hug. Daniel? :lol: Great editing and such a hilarious, creative clip here! :D

Edited by Metro CSW
  • Upvote 1

So, it's ok to talk to the (Q) like that, but not the (D). Sounds like something somebody on the forums would say.

Yeah, nobody likes the (Q). Let's send it back to 6th Ave and make it nice to look at again!!!

(That was a joke.)

• Upvote 3

When you see the behavior of some passengers, you can easily understand that a train would be afraid.

• Upvote 4

It's seriously hilarious not just because it speaks truth about the crappy service on 4th Ave in a satirical way also because the passengers think the trains come with personalities like Thomas the Tank Engine or whatever that show was, as we were all saying. "The (2) would never behave like that" Lol. The (R) will absolutely behave like that I would say.

I can envision the (R) hiding in fear in its tunnel altogether. The little train that could?

NOT!

• Upvote 2

"The (2) would never behave like this!"

Hahahaha

Actually, I believe the line was "The Tube", as in the London Underground.