Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
engineerboy6561

Suburban-style bus on SketchUp

This is something I put together over the course of a couple of days while I was procrastinating some of my problem sets; it's a high-floor bus modeled on the New Flyer D40LFR, with suburban-style seating and overhead luggage racks. This version seats 53 people (or 47 with two wheelchairs); a version without a back door would be able to seat 56. The livery is based on the old-school two-tone blue NYCT livery worn by most buses during the early 1970s (or more accurately Trevor Logan's Photoshop of it onto a VII NG, which you guys can check out at http://www.subchat.com/buschat/read.asp?Id=75400); there's also version of it up on the 3D warehouse with a blank destination sign in Liberty Lines livery at http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=e24cde6d0dd917c8a49d11719fd4710a

Without further ado, here are the pics:

ExteriorFrontDoorSide_zps30015606.jpg

InteriorFacingBackward_zpse4280234.jpg

InteriorFacingForward_zpsdf7deedd.jpg

OperatorsArea_zpsebeff03a.jpg

ExteriorDriverSide_zpsd8b915b5.jpg

ExteriorBackDriverSide_zps4156842e.jpg

• Upvote 4

This  looks like something that could be converted for use in OMSI...

• Upvote 1

You'd need to get sounds (just use sounds from another bus) but you'd also need to know how to do the scripts.

If you could make this into a full-functioning bus for OMSI, that would be great.. I can provide sounds assistance if you want

I don't like the single-piece windshield though.. I like the split windshield better

If you could make this into a full-functioning bus for OMSI, that would be great.. I can provide sounds assistance if you want

I don't like the single-piece windshield though.. I like the split windshield better

Agreed... I prefer split windshield for buses... Maybe the bus can be made with both a one piece and split windshield? Just like the Mercedes-Benz 0405N2 for OMSI... Gives you a choice on which bus to use...

Edited by NYCtrainfan01
  • Upvote 1

I'll see what I can do; I'm trying to find tutorials that aren't in German and/or are full and complete that I can work from, and I'll take a look at the scripts the provided buses use to see if I can reverse-engineer something for this bus.

• Upvote 2

I'll see what I can do; I'm trying to find tutorials that aren't in German and/or are full and complete that I can work from, and I'll take a look at the scripts the provided buses use to see if I can reverse-engineer something for this bus.

It's a bit difficult to find tutorials that aren't in German seeing as the game was made by a German company... I'm looking forward to see the your finished bus! B-) Take your time!