MTA BusTime Discussion

User

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting, I didn't know someone could call the depot.

Yep, my complaining worked because filing a complaint sometimes does nothing. The (MTA) Bus Depots in particular are small so they can be more personable I find than the NYCT depots. I wouldn't make a habit of doing it but in this case it was clear that there was a problem.

Sorry about that, I was waiting on a Bx28, which does not run where we wanted to catch it after hours.

The Bx28 also runs 24/7. However, after like 11:30 or something, the bus no longer heads to Fordham. The route ends at IND 205th Station, which you would use the (D) instead. The route runs normal to Co-op, but, doing the whole Co-op City Looping.

For the Bx38, that doesn't run 24/7. Bx28 replaces it late.

I bet Queens is going to be last to recieve Bus Time. It has more buses and bus lines. It would be helpful to one day go on the Q8, Q25 ,Q34, Q41 ,Q65 ,Q88, Q112 and look at the guide a ride and then check to see how far away the bus is.

I think the bus time should of started in Staten Island and then Queens because we in Queens always suffer from late too early or missing buses. It is kinda silly that Brooklyn only has the B61 and B63 for bus time only and the other lines will follow somewhere next year.

I bet Queens is going to be last to recieve Bus Time. It has more buses and bus lines. It would be helpful to one day go on the Q8, Q25 ,Q34, Q41 ,Q65 ,Q88, Q112 and look at the guide a ride and then check to see how far away the bus is.

I think the bus time should of started in Staten Island and then Queens because we in Queens always suffer from late too early or missing buses. It is kinda silly that Brooklyn only has the B61 and B63 for bus time only and the other lines will follow somewhere next year.

Manhattan is going to be last. Brooklyn SHOULD be next after The Bronx.

Two things... I find it interesting that the (MTA) talks about folks using their desktops for Bus Time. Clearly enough folks do use their desktops to track buses.

Second, why are there so many "ghost buses"?? This past week there has been at least 4 ot 5 ghost buses, mainly on the local routes. There was an S54 that was a ghost bus and another one last week on Friday. One was new (NOVA) and one was a Orion (6XXX). I've also been noticing this tendency to show a bus (usually (2224 or 2226) at the first stop, when in reality that bus either doesn't exist or broke down or something. The bus appears for a while and then eventually disappears giving the illusion of a bus existing that simply doesn't.

They aren't smartphones the advanced ones have an ability called phony mode in their browsers that disables mobile sites and skips to the desktop view going to the full site. As a result of phony mode the MTA is tricked into thinking the visitor is from a desktop when in reality it is actually a smartphone user using dolphin desktop mode or firefox phony firefox desktop mode. I have logged into some sites and they would mistake my phone for a mac with firefox or netscape. Everytime I use bustime I skip the mobile site and go directly to the full site for full functionality.

True cause in manhattan buses are an afterthought which is why they are dead last to get bus time and rightly so the outer boros need it more.

Stop talking out of your rear.. Manhattan has been difficult in the past because of the tall buildings, hence why they've failed to get a bus tracking program in the city previously. Staten Island made sense to be first because it's the most suburban of the boroughs and relies the most on buses having no subways.

True cause in manhattan buses are an afterthought which is why they are dead last to get bus time and rightly so the outer boros need it more.

I'm sorry but you really sound crazy. Buses an afterthought in Manhattan? The reason is listed just above this post at the top of the page.

Queens will be the last ones to get it. No real info to back it up l, just gut feeling. Queens isn't getting it till dec 2013, maybe.

Queens is probably second to last. Queens has a lot of unreliable and slow routes and can be very helpful if it gets it soon. Manhattan isn't a problem because of the closeness of bus routes. And all the subway lines except the G run in Manhattan.

Not sure on the release estimate. They still want to get the kinks out of the system first. It's still pretty buggy. I never used the Staten Island version so I'm not sure how they compare.

Well, the Q50 (and M100) are part of the Bronx package, so Queens and Manhattan will SORT of get it. And yes, the Q50 tracking does work within Queens! Unfortunately the Q44 is not yet available.

Not sure on the release estimate. They still want to get the kinks out of the system first. It's still pretty buggy. I never used the Staten Island version so I'm not sure how they compare.

Well, the Q50 (and M100) are part of the Bronx package, so Queens and Manhattan will SORT of get it. And yes, the Q50 tracking does work within Queens! Unfortunately the Q44 is not yet available.

Why so many bugs?? I would've thought this would be easier rolling out to the other boroughs.

I'm running it on the Bx16 right now and it is running beautifully. Biggest problem is that it treats stops separately. Like at 205 st it will have one stop for the 28 and 34, and a different stop for the 10, 16, 30, 38, since they technically stop at different signs. They need to get hub spots combined.

This bus also has an ad stating that it's coming in Oct 2012, so that gives us another 2 weeks!

I'm running it on the Bx16 right now and it is running beautifully. Biggest problem is that it treats stops separately. Like at 205 st it will have one stop for the 28 and 34, and a different stop for the 10, 16, 30, 38, since they technically stop at different signs. They need to get hub spots combined.

This bus also has an ad stating that it's coming in Oct 2012, so that gives us another 2 weeks!

lol... Less than 2 weeks actually.... :lol:

I beta-tested Bus Time on the Q50 and Bx28 tonight, and while they still have a lot of kinks to get out of the system before it goes public, it is VERY slick and will be a very useful program!!

So there is a beta version out? Hoe can I get it?

Archived