MTA BusTime Discussion

User

Is the assumption that non-BusTime buses are going to be scrapped by launch date?

The O5s are equipped, the O7 CNGs are equipped, the O7 NGs are equipped, the LFSAs are equipped, the C40LFs are equipped, and the 2002-2003 D60HFs are equipped. Of the 1998-1999 artics, all GH D60s from 5341 and up are equipped, and most KB buses from 5474 and up are equipped (none of the 4700s are equipped). My guess, from now until the end of October we'll see the remaining old D60s brought down to Manhattan down while the 5200-series LFSAs arrive. I can't see too many more swaps FROM Quill, since none of Quill's 5600s are equipped.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Abba, are you an MTA employee? It's only open to us for now.

Funny how clicking on his name in your post actually takes you to a beauty site.

In other news. Well to back up your story about bus time running. I took a few photos of the advertisements they started placing in some of our buses. These are 3 of 6 that I saw.9FE8E969-1940-414B-8CB5-316D8BE5DFCD-16997-00001443EDF82003.jpg

9E53C1B6-DF6D-4837-9414-BBC5BF4AE540-16997-00001443E2EF729C.jpg

9D7CF5AA-E4E1-45FA-AE5D-BF2286BB0C66-16997-0000144375CAEC79.jpg

Speaking of Bus Time, the (MTA) needs to be better advertising. I was reading about it today and how so many people on the B61 don't even know that it exists. If it wasn't for this site no one would know when it was coming out because I've seen no stories about it since earlier this year and it is supposedly starting up sometime this month in the Bronx... Smh

Speaking of Bus Time, the (MTA) needs to be better advertising. I was reading about it today and how so many people on the B61 don't even know that it exists. If it wasn't for this site no one would know when it was coming out because I've seen no stories about it since earlier this year and it is supposedly starting up sometime this month in the Bronx... Smh

I've seen a lot of advertisements for it inside of our buses. Last night coming home from work, I even saw it on the outside of a bus from West Farms. I would say the local buses are covered pretty well with informing people about it.

I've seen a lot of advertisements for it inside of our buses. Last night coming home from work, I even saw it on the outside of a bus from West Farms. I would say the local buses are covered pretty well with informing people about it.

I've seen very few to be honest... A few inside of local buses and none on express buses. I'm talking about outside of Staten Island buses which already has Bus Time. They should have them at bus shelters, as well and put them in places where people will actually see them. On a line like the B61 for example they should really be advertising it because people are still complaining about buses bunching when the (MTA) rolled out the service specifically for that line when the rest of the borough doesn't have it (outside of the B63).

When people were informed about it on the B61 they thought it was a good idea. lol They should also be advertising it more on the main (MTA) website. I say all of this because part of my job is to market the services of the company I work for and you have to keep reinforcing things to folks before it sinks in because folks generally don't pay attention. Now I've been actually noticing them probably because I use Bus Time a lot on Staten Island and am a transit advocate if you will, but the average Joe doesn't know about it.

[float=left]post-5097-0-87393700-1351257528_thumb.jpg[/float]Hey, Bronx, your Bus Time has arrived. Bronx riders soon will be able to get bus-arrival information with their home computer, smartphone or cellphone. By the end of the month, officials will activate (MTA) Bus Time, a program that largely only now exists in Staten Island.

With (MTA) Bus Time, riders can access a map showing where buses are along a particular route. Riders also can request a text telling them where the nearest bus is on the route.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-87393700-1351257528_thumb.jpg

From what I've heard folks in the Bronx (particularly) on the (MTA) Bus express bus lines made a huge stink when the (MTA) took over the private lines, citing many late and MIA buses. The complaints came from several neighborhoods, such as Throggs Neck and Co-op City, both of which rely heavily on bus service since there are no subways in those neighborhoods. My understanding was that other New York City neighborhoods such as Riverdale were also very vocal about the poor bus service they received when the (MTA) took over Liberty lines and a promise was made to improve things, hence the brand new buses on all (MTA) Bus express bus lines. Reliability has been better but apparently the local buses in the Bronx are still a big problem. Given how vocal the Bronx has been and its proximity, along with how bus reliant certain Bronx neighborhoods are like Co-op City, Country Club, City Island, Schuylerville, etc. I would imagine that this could be one reason that the (MTA) decided to focus on the Bronx.

Archived