MTA BusTime Discussion

User

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I go to the site all Bronx locals and expresses work, Q50 and M100 included.

Same thing here, so I'm not sure what he's referring to. The only thing that I did notice was that with two express buses, the bus dropped from Bus Time temporarily as if it hit a dead zone somewhere and then reappeared again. I'm surprised that happened though because I've been tracking express buses from Staten Island in the city and they don't seem to hit dead zones and they travel in the same areas as these buses.

They also have the Q50, but that route isn't listed either.

Yeah, I'm going to write to the Bus Time team and mention those routes because they should be listed.

Wow; only four buses (two in each direction). This thing is great, because I would know not to wait on that (unless I happen to be in a place one is approaching).

LOL... I said the same thing earlier...

I'm still wondering if every single bus has bus time. I noticed yesterday that the Bx5 had 5 buses going eastbound and none going westbound on bus time.

Another thing I found funny was 8 buses laying over at Wakefield for the Bx39.

The bus stop on Nelson Ave and EL Grant for the Bx35 is facing the wrong direction.

I am not trying to find flaws in the program or criticize the program negatively in anyway. I think this program will definitely benefit riders especially at night and routes with very low frequency (Bx8, Bx18, Bx24, ect.)

I'm still wondering if every single bus has bus time. I noticed yesterday that the Bx5 had 5 buses going eastbound and none going westbound on bus time.

Another thing I found funny was 8 buses laying over at Wakefield for the Bx39.

The bus stop on Nelson Ave and EL Grant for the Bx35 is facing the wrong direction.

I am not trying to find flaws in the program or criticize the program negatively in anyway. I think this program will definitely benefit riders especially at night and routes with very low frequency (Bx8, Bx18, Bx24, ect.)

There are still a few bugs. There were A LOT of bugs when Bus Time started on Staten Island. I noticed some bugs when tracking some buses.... Some buses looked like were leaving the terminal when they weren't and also the situation you mentioned... It's important to report bugs like buses not showing up on Bus Time because either the tracking device isn't working properly or isn't installed. The Bus Time team will send requests to have those issues fixed ASAP.

Queens really needs it. Do you know how many late/MIA runs I have encountered throughout the borough? There are a lot! especially the Jamaica routes :angry:

Yep they need it badly. I can not stand waiting for a bus for 30 minutes and its either during rush hour or on Saturdays during noon time.

One feature I'd like to see added to Bustime is the ability to search for a certain amount of routes and those routes only. Right now you can enter one route or a bus stop, which gives you all the routes nearby. If I'm at Fordham Plaza and seeking to go down 3 Av on the Bx15 and Bx55, I can input 'Fordham Plaza' but and see those routes but at the same time I'd also see the Bx9, Bx12, Bx17. Bx19, Bx22, Bx28, Bx34, and Bx38. I can still see the 15 and 55 fine, and showing the other routes might be useful to see alternatives for my route but if I'm just looking for a couple of lines the current feature of stop searching just causes a lot of clutter.

Also, I'm surprised certain routes like the Bx4 and Bx4A or M34 and M34A weren't automatically grouped together.

Yep they need it badly. I can not stand waiting for a bus for 30 minutes and its either during rush hour or on Saturdays during noon time.

You're probably still gonna be waiting 30 minutes...now you have the option of actually knowing where the bus is in that 30 minutes

Archived