MTA BusTime Discussion

User

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess the old D60HF at JFK/FR will be getting BusTime then. Wonder if the Bees and Orion V CNGs will keep on rolling. The age of the bus is supposed to make a difference on whether or not BusTime will be installed on them, right?

Maybe not, I know that the Bees at Eastchester do not have GPS trackers.

I dunno if they're gonna go live considering they're on the verge of being scrapped....at least for the 9800's and 9905..(i personally hope they don't)

The Orion V CNG's and the Ex Beeline Orion V's won't get it. They won't matter that much anyway because all together its about 14 or 15 buses in total and those RTS's from 1996 have another year to stay. I think the order coming up for NYCT is going to bump the 1998 and 199 RTS's to MTA Bus.

The Orion V CNG's and the Ex Beeline Orion V's won't get it. They won't matter that much anyway because all together its about 14 or 15 buses in total and those RTS's from 1996 have another year to stay. I think the order coming up for NYCT is going to bump the 1998 and 199 RTS's to MTA Bus.

1. The Orion V CNGs and Ex-Beeline Vs have the tech installed. The Bees will definitely have them up and running. As for the CNGs, can't say for sure.

2. The order coming up (the 690) will knock off everything between 1996-1998 and the 1998-1999 Orion Vs.

Oh yeah I was wrong huh... :P

So I guess the old D60HF at JFK/FR will be getting BusTime then. Wonder if the Bees and Orion V CNGs will keep on rolling. The age of the bus is supposed to make a difference on whether or not BusTime will be installed on them, right?

Everything at JFK and basically everything else in BK and Qns has the equipment. Some of the D60s already had it though for a while coming from the Bx.

Curious: do any of the D60HFs from 1999 that were at 126 Street have it (i.e., 1300) or were the ones that had it but were renumbered reprogrammed with their new numbers (that is, 1026 doesn't show up as 5508)? I also will be surprised if bus 1306 gets BusTime.

Curious: do any of the D60HFs from 1999 that were at 126 Street have it (i.e., 1300) or were the ones that had it but were renumbered reprogrammed with their new numbers (that is, 1026 doesn't show up as 5508)? I also will be surprised if bus 1306 gets BusTime.

JFK's D60HF's are getting them because they will run on the Q10 for a while. I am very surprised with the ex beeline Orion's because I was figuring there are only 11 of them in service they probably wouldn't get them but I was wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally have bustime for my Queens routes! They didn't get around to putting in new guide-a-rides yet, but the online and texting systems are working just fine. 

To be honest, I expected it to not actually work today, so I'm pleasantly surprised

Archived