MTA BusTime Discussion

User

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The  :bus_bullet_b41: shows as a part of the line a stretch of Fillmore Ave. going the other way to Stuart St., which is really a piece of the  :bus_bullet_b100:. (Doesn't show any buses on it, but wondering why it was marked in the line color).

Also, the search feature doesn't recognize "Ridgewood Intermodal Terminal". (when you type in Myrtle- Wyckoff, then it give all the buses in the area).

BusTime is up and working in Queens.... Just waiting for the mobile application now

There's an app called MTA Tracker. It allows you to track any bus that has the Bus Time hardware installed and activated. It's available on Android, not sure about iphone.

What is that BusTime app that shows you what bus is appearing on a route? Example so let's say I'm tracking the S53 it would show the name of the bus- Orion VII 3rd Gen and then bus# 7061. I think its on android does any know?

SchedNYC, but it hasn't been updated in forever ever since the Bronx update.

Was totally no routes at all for like 5 min then it came back

Yeah, it happens from time to time.

If buses are on a route but only show up intermittently, remember there are some dead spots in the city where Verizon (who provides internet for BusTime) may not get a strong enough 4G signal to transmit it's location.

This is correct... Dead spots were/are apparent Downtown for example.  If anything you can report the dead spots and they'll work to see if they can remedy those accordingly.

Bus time is very useful. I was in Cambria Heights on Linden Blvd and saw that a Jamaica bound Q4 wasn't coming soon (something happened that was backing up east-bound traffic, so the returning buses were delayed), so I started walking instead of just standing there, I wound up walking to Springfield Blvd, and caught a Q27 to Holis Ave where I caught a Q2 to Jamaica, since the Q83 was at its layover stop. In hindsight there may have been a Q84 on it's way to Jamaica I could have tried to catch.

Bus time is very useful. I was in Cambria Heights on Linden Blvd and saw that a Jamaica bound Q4 wasn't coming soon (something happened that was backing up east-bound traffic, so the returning buses were delayed), so I started walking instead of just standing there, I wound up walking to Springfield Blvd, and caught a Q27 to Holis Ave where I caught a Q2 to Jamaica, since the Q83 was at its layover stop. In hindsight there may have been a Q84 on it's way to Jamaica I could have tried to catch.

Bus Time has been a Godsend, especially now that it's everywhere.  I can time the buses from my tutoring sessions on weekends, which is when it's really handy and when coming back from Westchester can see if I have to time to stroll to the bus stop from Metro-North or need to move it.  Really awesome all around.  It is also seems that if my waits are far less now... Could be more prompt service... Even my waits for the M5 are very short. LOL

Archived