MTA BusTime Discussion

User

One thing I find Intersting about the BusBus Nyc app is it will show you if a bus has made no progress for a while.I see tonight Bus 5095 on the B6 has been idle near kings highway and Utica for about 10-15 min which is not a terminal according to the schedule.maybe it broke down or something.

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just curious .they say there are 5500 buses that have BusTime.About how many of them in reality don't have Bustime working for whatever reason? I know at least Bus 241 and 5133 both do not have have it,

Just curious .they say there are 5500 buses that have BusTime. About how many of them in reality don't have Bustime working for whatever reason? I know at least Bus 241 and 5133 both do not have have it,

I would like to know this as well... There have been quite a few express buses out of Yonkers that apparently don't have it or it isn't working properly, and I am tired of writing in to complain about it.  I think it's ridiculous that they're advertising a service for people to use and then sending buses out knowing that they aren't equipped with the tracking device. I also would like to know how they go about performing maintenance on the tracking devices...

Last Sunday I was on the Upper East Side and decided to take the BxM1 home from 86th & 3rd.  I was rather hungry, but my bus was scheduled to come soon, so I thought maybe I could grab a quick snack if I could confirm where the bus was.  Checked BusTime... Nothing... In fact, I actually had enough time for a snack, but since the bus wasn't on BusTime, I didn't chance it because I didn't want to wait another hour.  

I would like to know this as well... There have been quite a few express buses out of Yonkers that apparently don't have it or it isn't working properly, and I am tired of writing in to complain about it.  I think it's ridiculous that they're advertising a service for people to use and then sending buses out knowing that they aren't equipped with the tracking device. I also would like to know how they go about performing maintenance on the tracking devices...

Last Sunday I was on the Upper East Side and decided to take the BxM1 home from 86th & 3rd.  I was rather hungry, but my bus was scheduled to come soon, so I thought maybe I could grab a quick snack if I could confirm where the bus was.  Checked BusTime... Nothing... In fact, I actually had enough time for a snack, but since the bus wasn't on BusTime, I didn't chance it because I didn't want to wait another hour.  

Considering service has been cut on the BxM1, waiting another hour is no big deal. You should know that. As for BusTime, it's not perfect, but i'm sure improvements will be made since it is a new service. Considering your home stop is 239th and HHP, it's less than an hour even if you took the Inwood BxM1. If not, it's quicker.

Considering service has been cut on the BxM1, waiting another hour is no big deal. You should know that. As for BusTime, it's not perfect, but i'm sure improvements will be made since it is a new service. Considering your home stop is 239th and HHP, it's less than an hour even if you took the Inwood BxM1. If not, it's quicker.

Excuse me? Considering your home stop is Broadway & 207th with not one but two subway lines within walking distance, I see no need for you to even use the BxM1, but you use it because you don't want to take the subway.  Waiting an hour for the next bus would've been a big deal, given the fact that I had things at home to take care of, and also the fact that traffic is a mess in Inwood thanks to all of the idiots that double park at various hours of the day and night.  Today there were six double parked cars along Broadway near 207th in just one block. Ridiculous.  Spent a good 20 minutes going through there just to pick up one person. Waste of time...

Excuse me? Considering your home stop is Broadway & 207th with not one but two subway lines within walking distance, I see no need for you to even use the BxM1, but you use it because you don't want to take the subway.  Waiting an hour for the next bus would've been a big deal, given the fact that I had things at home to take care of, and also the fact that traffic is a mess in Inwood thanks to all of the idiots that double park at various hours of the day and night.  Today there were six double parked cars along Broadway near 207th in just one block. Ridiculous.  Spent a good 20 minutes going through there just to pick up one person. Waste of time...

I use it to go the Mid-Manhattan Library. I honestly see no point in you continuing to bring up in every thread that I have two subway lines near me. The matter was addressed. I half agree about traffic, but Lex is much worse. One time, I was sitting there for almost an hour. We were crawling. As for double parking, that goes on everywhere. Don't the express and SBS buses have dedicated lanes? Should solve that issue. You can't know there will be only one person to pick up. As I said, BusTime is not perfect, but it's good for now.

I use it to go the Mid-Manhattan Library. I honestly see no point in you continuing to bring up in every thread that I have two subway lines near me. The matter was addressed. I half agree about traffic, but Lex is much worse. One time, I was sitting there for almost an hour. We were crawling. As for double parking, that goes on everywhere. Don't the express and SBS buses have dedicated lanes? Should solve that issue. You can't know there will be only one person to pick up. As I said, BusTime is not perfect, but it's good for now.

Now you finally get it.  The point is to live and let live.  If that commute works for you then good, but you should refrain from telling people about what is easy and not easy for them.

Now you finally get it.  The point is to live and let live.  If that commute works for you then good, but you should refrain from telling people about what is easy and not easy for them.

As you did somewhere else here. We both get it now. The matter is settled. Carry on.

Excuse me? Considering your home stop is Broadway & 207th with not one but two subway lines within walking distance, I see no need for you to even use the BxM1, but you use it because you don't want to take the subway. Waiting an hour for the next bus would've been a big deal, given the fact that I had things at home to take care of, and also the fact that traffic is a mess in Inwood thanks to all of the idiots that double park at various hours of the day and night. Today there were six double parked cars along Broadway near 207th in just one block. Ridiculous. Spent a good 20 minutes going through there just to pick up one person. Waste of time...

If it bothers you so much, take the BxM2, or the BxM3 (inb4itdoesntserveriverdale).

If it bothers you so much, take the BxM2.

Yes that's generally what I do unless I'm on the far East Side, in which case the BxM1 is closer than the BxM2. I rarely use the BxM1 going home because I'm rarely that far east, though of late I find myself on the Upper East Side, east of Lex a lot with the great gourmet/high-end food stores in the area.  

east of Lex a lot with the great gourmet/high-end food stores in the area.  

Like Morton Williams and their fine organic deli meat?  :P

If it bothers you so much, take the BxM2, or the BxM3 (inb4itdoesntserveriverdale).

Best to let it be, dude.

Archived