Some Eastchester Depot snooping!

Queens Surface

Nice pics... Even nicer to see these older buses go... Painful memories (literally) with the terrible seats some of these buses had...

Especially the older MCIs. ;)

Man, I remember 9904 when it was out of Jackie Gleason...rode it on the B43 a few times. And what's the deal with 6308?!

Nice pics.

Especially the older MCIs. ;)

Man, I remember 9904 when it was out of Jackie Gleason...rode it on the B43 a few times. And what's the deal with 6308?!

Nice pics.

lol... Some of those MCI's especially the ones out of Castleton were literally like ovens.  We would roast on those X14s and X30s like you couldn't believe because they had no AC and what was worst was it was either roast or take a long way home because they would usually be the last bus of the night.  <_< I can remember some B/Os opening the emergency hatches on the roof just to get some cooler air into the bus, that's how bad it would be. Those Orions with the so called cushioned seats were terrible too.  I could only sit in the three seaters because otherwise my legs would be too cramped and the seats were like bricks.

I kid you not... Years ago I got on one of those old MCIs and asked the B/O if he had AC.  This was an X14 mind you... He said yes so I got on because it felt hot but he had just came from the depot, so I figured it probably hadn't kicked in yet.  Fast forward and now we're stuck in traffic on the FDR and now me and another guy are just cooking in the back and as it gets hotter I could feel myself getting heated literally and figuratively.  By the time we made it to 23rd and 1st I was on the verge of passing out.  I went to the front and literally exploded because I was on that bus unnecessarily when there was another bus that I could've taken since he wasn't the last bus and what annoyed me more was him telling me he had AC when he didn't.  Long story short I got off at 23rd and 1st and walked to the train station to cool off both literally and figuratively after a very heated exchange.  I apologize days later but man was I pissed.  The sad part was he said he couldn't take the bus OOS because it wasn't hot enough.  <_<  I said are you kidding me? It has to be over 90 degrees on this friggin' bus!!

I never rode the suburban Orion 5s at Castleton so I can't speak for them. The Ex-PBLs had a different seating arrangement compared to the 100s with the platform and the narrow aisle.

I don't know if you've ever seen or rode the 800s from Bee-Line since you're in the Bronx now, but their Orions blows ours out the water. Then again, this is the MTA we're talking about, everything we touch turns to shit sadly.

I never rode the suburban Orion 5s at Castleton so I can't speak for them. The Ex-PBLs had a different seating arrangement compared to the 100s with the platform and the narrow aisle.

I don't know if you've ever seen or rode the 800s from Bee-Line since you're in the Bronx now, but their Orions blows ours out the water. Then again, this is the MTA we're talking about, everything we touch turns to shit sadly.

lol... Actually a few years ago I was in the Bronx but in a car with a friend of mine as we were driving from Yankees Stadium back to the city and I saw a few old Orions 6XX... They were pretty beat up looking too... That explains why the Bronx is getting so many new buses I guess.

Great ones. Damn those D60s and Orion 5s are vanishing fast!

Yup...going away quick

I'm just curious as to how big Eastchester Depot is because they have their regular fleet in addition to these buses... Do they store the regular fleet in a separate area or what because I don't recall seeing any pictures of the regular fleet.

Yeah, there is a separate area where the service fleet is kept.

Archived