NYC, round two - Eastchester, August 2012

mtattrain

Those 33XX express buses can't be up for retirement already are they??? Same thing with 4505??? That's a relatively new bus....

Those are Eastchesters MCI fleet LOL...see the barrier is blocking Eastchesters fleet and the graveyard....but 4505...thats not a Eachchester bus...so something happened to it...

Those are Eastchesters MCI fleet LOL...see the barrier is blocking Eastchesters fleet and the graveyard....but 4505...thats not a Eachchester bus...so something happened to it...

I saw that barrier but I'm surprised they park them so close to the junk buses... I know those are Eastchester buses and they're not that old that's why I was wondering because they are a bit dirty so who knows... That 4505 bus I believe was out of Flatbush so something must've happened to it indeed...

Why was 8496 at eastchester wasn't that bus retired in 2010

8496 was a Roadeo bus, but since the MTA stopped all Roadeo, they had no need for the bus. For some reason though, they kept it in storage (it may have been scrapped in late 2012 or 2013).

Those 33XX express buses can't be up for retirement already are they??? Same thing with 4505??? That's a relatively new bus....

The 3000-series buses aren't retiring yet; they sometimes park them next to the OOS/scrap buses. 4505 was in some kind of accident so it was stored OOS, but I heard it returned to service.

As to everyone else, thanks for the comments!

Archived