Is the MaBSTOA Traffic Checker part of Cleaner for TA?

JCP28

I'm confused......I just got this letter from transit, assuming that it was regarding my eligibility as a Traffic Checker form the past exam. I came in a month ago, and gave them all of my documents for processing. They even told me that they would call to let me know that I will attend training on March 11th, if I qualify. Now, this letter was sent from transit on March 12, stating an I quote:

"You were recently considered from a list of eligible candidates for a position as a Cleaner (Labor Class) with MTA NYC Transit.

Regrettably, after careful review of your qualifications you were not selected for appointment to the Cleaner TA position. This review closes Transit's employment process and your application will not be retained on file for future consideration.

We wish to thank you for your interests in employment with MTA NYC Transit.

Sincerely,

Employment Operations"

Now, again.........., I'm confused. I don't recall filling out an application for a Cleaner for transit (believe me, I checked). But I do recall filling out the application for the MaBSTOA Traffic Checker position, took the test, passed with a mark of 94, came in an handed all my documentation and filled in all the requirements, and now.........this. Is there someone that can shed some light to this confusion? Someone who works for transit as a checker or cleaner? Please reply..........thanks.

As a promotion with one full year as a TC (Traffic Checker) you are considered eligible to become a TA Cleaner for Stations or Car Appearance at a terminal...that letter you recieved has to be in error some how, some way seeing as you havent even started as a TC yet. I'd inquire with HR as soon as possible to clear the air bro...

As a promotion with one full year as a TC (Traffic Checker) you are considered eligible to become a TA Cleaner for Stations or Car Appearance at a terminal...that letter you recieved has to be in error some how, some way seeing as you havent even started as a TC yet. I'd inquire with HR as soon as possible to clear the air bro...

No problem. I will give the HR a call. Thanks, RCVW.

Archived