Should PATH clean and refurb its entire ROW?

metsfan

Should the path row be cleaned and refined?  

1. 1. Should the path row be cleaned and refined?

• rebuild and clean the entire system.
    • change the ties, rails, ballast only
    • only refine the parts that look run down and crumbling
    • its fine don't touch it
    • PA5 cars first,then rebuild some time later
    • i like the old look/don't care/never use it.

I can't help but see the decaying decades old PATH ROW every time i ride to nyc from newark. Who thinks its time to clean it up and make it safe, sound, and not disgusting looking?

- Andy

There are tools, old unused parts, tons of trash, crumbling concrete everywhere, and really haggered wooden 3rd rail covers mixed in with the fiberglass ones. Also, stations such as harrison and grove street are horribly maintained. Grove street and journal square both need new lighting and better announcement systems. Harrison needs a paint job, some other repair work, and modernization. Also, old unused equipment such as transformers electrical relays and such should be removed instead of left to deteriorate. The PATH system is pretty reliable, but it'd be nice to see ballast that isn't strewn with old tie couplers and joiner plates, as well as large amounts of trash, discarded safety vests etc etc.

-Andy

Well I voted for never use it, but if it's that bad... hasn't the 1970s (NYCT) crisis taught anyone anything?

Yea, that's my point. A clean working environment is a safe working environment.

- Andy

Archived