Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Joel Up Front

Buses in Manhattan - Metal Gear Solid 2 (2001)

The ending of the hit video game Metal Gear Solid 2 takes place in lower Manhattan.  As Solid Snake is giving the protagonist a talk, real-life footage of streets in Lower Manhattan is played - I caught a Liberty Lines bus and an older Orion V on the M7, along with a few RTS's.

0:21 Orion V pulling up to curb (maybe Shane or another Manhattanite know where this is)

0:23 The Liberty Lines bus (Grumman?  Shot's really brief)

0:56 Orion V on the M7

1:13 RTS

1:25 another RTS

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGg2pVZeQuM[/yt]

Not really much after it cuts back to Snake, but it was still worth a view considering the last time I played through MGS2 was 2007, when I used to think Manhattan was too congested for buses and didn't know anything about them.  The entire cutscene is a good watch, too.

• Upvote 2

I think 0:21 is on Madison Avenue, with the two bus lanes. Hmm, 0:23 looks like an MCI Classic, I don't recall seeing a Grumman on the LL.

Yeah, the Liberty Lines bus is an MCI Classic.

And don't hold me for accuracy, but to me it seems most of the footage was shot near 5th & 50th, in proximity to Rockfeller Center.

• Upvote 1