Rear Ad Wraps

MHV9218

The MTA is bringing these back, or at least trying them again. Quill is rolling out some RTSes with them now, notably 5204 which has its whole rear covered by the ad. Quite a throwback, haven't seen a new one of those put on in years. See if any of you can catch one of the buses with them, didn't have my camera on me when I saw 5204 unfortunately.

The MTA is bringing these back, or at least trying them again. Quill is rolling out some RTSes with them now, notably 5204 which has its whole rear covered by the ad. Quite a throwback, haven't seen a new one of those put on in years. See if any of you can catch one of the buses with them, didn't have my camera on me when I saw 5204 unfortunately.

Is that why the whole back is getting painted all white on these new buses? to add a fresh wrap to cover the whole thing?? 

I really hope its just on buses that will not get repainted...

Is that why the whole back is getting painted all white on these new buses? to add a fresh wrap to cover the whole thing?? 

I really hope its just on buses that will not get repainted...

Well, they've been doing whitebacks since 2008ish and for the past years there haven't been any new wraps, so that's just the new way they've been painting buses.

Makes no difference to me, the FB ngs had the sbs rear sign wraps even though there's no sbs route here and we still don't have a b44sbs line yet. plus after a certain point, seeing an all white back bus gets boring.

Those are coming off; most are gone by now or at least partially off.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the Manhattan Division & FB and possibly FP would go back to Rear Wraps. It's a semi-cash cow for the MTA. RIght now (MTA) can get use this revenue. 

Well, they've been doing whitebacks since 2008ish and for the past years there haven't been any new wraps, so that's just the new way they've been painting buses.

Those are coming off; most are gone by now or at least partially off.

They are all off. 4581 and 4630 have 1/2 wrap 1/2 white.

The (MTA) needs to do full wraps on their buses, not just rear wraps.  They can make sure that the wrap doesn't mess with the windows since that is an issue for them and I think the NYPD and they are always bitching about being strapped for cash so why not wrap the buses like other cities do?  And wrap more of the subway cars too while they are at it.

The (MTA) needs to do full wraps on their buses, not just rear wraps.  They can make sure that the wrap doesn't mess with the windows since that is an issue for them and I think the NYPD and they are always bitching about being strapped for cash so why not wrap the buses like other cities do?  And wrap more of the subway cars too while they are at it.

Voice of brilliance has spoken.

Archived