Bay Ridge-bound B64 question

Around the Horn

My Bay Ridge-bound :bus_bullet_b64: instead of making the turn on Shore Rd to the stop at Mackay Place desided to drop off everybody before the turn at 71st and Shore,then shut off.Has the terminal "arrangement" changed?BTW,a :bus_bullet_b9:  did this yesterday,too

Was the bus on time or late?? Sometimes they're running late or just lazy and just want to get on with the break...

Don't worry about it... The terminal technically is still in front of Xaverian (shore rd) on the two routes.

I've been on B1's in the past that used to do that very thing (make its last dropoff on Narrows, off Bay ridge av) & layover....

well the funny thing is both the buses I took yesterday and today have done that,plus there were no buses in the real bus stops so they wernt blocked...

well the funny thing is both the buses I took yesterday and today have done that,plus there were no buses in the real bus stops so they wernt blocked...

Yeah then they just want to get their break... I've had B/Os do that with me... They may be on time but they may have been late on previous runs and haven't had much a break..

same b/o ?

I have something else that's funny.... I have seen an ulmer park bus on a couple occasions (including recently, as of the past 2 mos. or so) layover as far south as bay ridge pkwy/shore rd (right at the express bus stop).... They know manhattan bound buses run sparsely during the midday, so that's why you'll have some b/o's taking their break at those stops (the bay ridge pkwy stop, and/or the one afterwards [72nd I think it is])....

same b/o ?

I have something else that's funny.... I have seen an ulmer park bus on a couple occasions (including recently, as of the past 2 mos. or so) layover as far south as bay ridge pkwy/shore rd (right at the express bus stop).... They know manhattan bound buses run sparsely during the midday, so that's why you'll have some b/o's taking their break at those stops (the bay ridge pkwy stop, and/or the one afterwards [72nd I think it is])....

Speaking of that, I saw B4's parked all over the place in Sheepshead Bay over the weekend... Some at that B4 Sheepshead Bay bound stop at Voorhies and Ocean and then another one over near the Kings Bay baseball field...  I actually hate it when they park in the express bus stop because you run of the risk of being bypassed if you don't step into the street and signal the driver.

No one was a JG :bus_bullet_b9: ,the other was a UP :bus_bullet_b64: ...

Oh.... thought you took the B64 both times, since you said "my bay ridge bound B64" or w/e....

Anyway, again, don't worry about it, the terminal/turnaround scenario hasn't changed... What you're describing has been done for years (probably by b/o's before all 3 of our times; you, me, and VG8).... it's nothing new or nothing to worry about, fam.....

Speaking of that, I saw B4's parked all over the place in Sheepshead Bay over the weekend... Some at that B4 Sheepshead Bay bound stop at Voorhies and Ocean and then another one over near the Kings Bay baseball field...  I actually hate it when they park in the express bus stop because you run of the risk of being bypassed if you don't step into the street and signal the driver.

I never cared too much for the designated/official B4 terminal out there (voorhies/knapp)... and apparently, neither do some B4 drivers - since buses stay laying over in a myriad of places out there.... Last time I took the B4 from basically end to end, the b/o parked right behind the B44 along shore pkwy & said "last stop".... It was perfect for me since I wanted to xfer over to the 44 anyway.... This fat couple however wasn't so pleased (can't say I blame them either; crossing shore pkwy to get to the other side [meaning, towards voorhies, etc.] is a PITA, and if you ask me, rather unsafe).....

Buses blocking express stops, yeah I hate that too.... For that very reason (which has happened to me before)

Well for the B64 and the B9, thats technically the last stop (Unless the passengers want to get real lazy and stay on until shore road which is around the corner) I think B/O do that so that they wont have anyone on their bus while they are on layover lmao. Thats what I think. But it aint a big deal

I never cared too much for the designated/official B4 terminal out there (voorhies/knapp)... and apparently, neither do some B4 drivers - since buses stay laying over in a myriad of places out there.... Last time I took the B4 from basically end to end, the b/o parked right behind the B44 along shore pkwy & said "last stop".... It was perfect for me since I wanted to xfer over to the 44 anyway.... This fat couple however wasn't so pleased (can't say I blame them either; crossing shore pkwy to get to the other side [meaning, towards voorhies, etc.] is a PITA, and if you ask me, rather unsafe).....

Buses blocking express stops, yeah I hate that too.... For that very reason (which has happened to me before)

That's insane about the B4 because I've noticed this as well... You know that has me thinking... It could be because all of the stores and such are close by and maybe the spot where they can use the bathroom at is over there. The only thing over at Knapp & Voorhies is that 7/11 and I don't know if they can use the bathroom there. Years ago when I went to IS43, I would ride with a B/O friend of mine from Sheepshead Bay to Bay Ridge from time to time and he would always layover there but then again he didn't layover that long and he certainly didn't get snacks over there. If anything I'd run into the store there that was across from the old IS 43 and get snacks for us there while he waited since there weren't that many people on the bus.

As for buses blocking express bus stops, happened to me on Saturday though slightly different.  BM's were detoured down Lex from 5th supposedly from 57th to 44th.  I said BS... Watch this guy take Lex all the way down to 23rd... So I saw one X1 turn off of 5th and come down 23rd as I was waiting at Park Av South and 23rd for the BM3. I had a few minutes after making a stop for a quick espresso and pastry so I decided to walk to 3rd and get it there.  Sure enough I see a BM3 coming down Lex so I move quickly over to 3rd... Then an M23 pulls into the stop blocking the whole stop and I'm like I know this BM3 is going to come right pass as if no one is here, so I immediately stepped right out into the street, put my hand out to signal him and then he stops otherwise he would've blew right by...  <_< With the express B/O's they'd rather assume people don't want to get on 9 times out of 10...

That's insane about the B4 because I've noticed this as well... You know that has me thinking... It could be because all of the stores and such are close by and maybe the spot where they can use the bathroom at is over there. The only thing over at Knapp & Voorhies is that 7/11 and I don't know if they can use the bathroom there. Years ago when I went to IS43, I would ride with a B/O friend of mine from Sheepshead Bay to Bay Ridge from time to time and he would always layover there but then again he didn't layover that long and he certainly didn't get snacks over there. If anything I'd run into the store there that was across from the old IS 43 and get snacks for us there while he waited since there weren't that many people on the bus.

As for buses blocking express bus stops, happened to me on Saturday though slightly different.  BM's were detoured down Lex from 5th supposedly from 57th to 44th.  I said BS... Watch this guy take Lex all the way down to 23rd... So I saw one X1 turn off of 5th and come down 23rd as I was waiting at Park Av South and 23rd for the BM3. I had a few minutes after making a stop for a quick espresso and pastry so I decided to walk to 3rd and get it there.  Sure enough I see a BM3 coming down Lex so I move quickly over to 3rd... Then an M23 pulls into the stop blocking the whole stop and I'm like I know this BM3 is going to come right pass as if no one is here, so I immediately stepped right out into the street, put my hand out to signal him and then he stops otherwise he would've blew right by...  <_< With the express B/O's they'd rather assume people don't want to get on 9 times out of 10...

The situation you just described is why I always had the habit of catching a bus (express or local, doesn't matter) along it's normal route, before w/e diversions it takes on (even if it means backtracking)... I'm not gonna waltz around & figure out where (or even if) the bus I need is gonna stop at some so-called equivalent stop.... What I mean by that is (for example), a bus normally stops on 34th st along its regular route, so said diverted bus would (or is supposed to) stop at 34th st on the diverted course - that equivalent stop BS doesn't always fly.... And it goes double, triple, quadruple (lol) for express buses, especially regarding pickups..... I've been on diverted express buses before, and a high %-tage of the time it rumbles down the diverted course to its respective outerborough non-stop.... Good for me, but sucks for anyone that might have needed this guy/this bus.....

Buses blocking stops, I get annoyed with that over down by state st/battery place at times (if I get out early enough)... You have the SI expresses that sometimes block (or even pick up pax) where the BM routes are supposed to stop.... I understand there are a lot of buses that stop in the immediate area, but still.... So sometimes what I do is walk back to the pine st stop [and stop off in the subway & grab a couple heros if I'm hungry enough] (I don't wait at the coenties stop no more due to a growing rat problem over there)....

You know what else I've noticed over the years? The spring creek b/o's that park along knapp, opposite that sewage/water treatment plant.... How the f*** can they wait over there, even w/ the doors closed, I'll never understand it..... The B4 terminal out there, I think it's a combination of what we're both saying - making it to where pax don't have to cross shore pkwy north/south to catch the 4 (like they'd have to do for the 44) as well as getting to the school & the stores that's opposite knapp.... That 7/11 over there, coming off a B4 years ago, I almost got hit by a car that came flying out of nowhere & made a right turn (from along knapp) to enter the parking area... I don't like bus stops that are near driveways to commercial areas like that anyway....

The situation you just described is why I always had the habit of catching a bus (express or local, doesn't matter) along it's normal route, before w/e diversions it takes on (even if it means backtracking)... I'm not gonna waltz around & figure out where (or even if) the bus I need is gonna stop at some so-called equivalent stop.... What I mean by that is (for example), a bus normally stops on 34th st along its regular route, so said diverted bus would (or is supposed to) stop at 34th st on the diverted course - that equivalent stop BS doesn't always fly.... And it goes double, triple, quadruple (lol) for express buses, especially regarding pickups..... I've been on diverted express buses before, and a high %-tage of the time it rumbles down the diverted course to its respective outerborough non-stop.... Good for me, but sucks for anyone that might have needed this guy/this bus.....

LOL.... You know I had planned on getting it on 57th, but the problem was I wanted to make a stop before then and get a quick bite and the spot I wanted to go to wasn't near 57th, otherwise that was my plan as well. 

As for the diversions, what pisses me is that they post one thing online and the B/Os are told something else.  Furthermore, sometimes those diversions mean skipping almost 80 - 90% of the friggin route.  Some B/Os on the BM lines will actually bypass all of Downtown and go straight into the friggin' Battery Tunnel from the FDR.  <_<   I had this happen with a BM3.  The BM1 B/O I asked who is due after the schedule BM3 told me that that BM3 most likely just went into the Battery Tunnel because of traffic or some nonsense, which is ridiculous because they only run once an hour on weekends and that means he left anyone waiting Downtown stranded, so I got on the BM1, took that down so far and then took the subway from there.

The last BxM2 detour that happened around New Year's Eve involved the bus being detoured from 6th & 35th.  It was supposed to be detoured onto Madison up to 57th I believe and then take the regular route, per the (MTA) website.  Instead, they told the B/Os to take Madison straight down with NO stops on the West Side! I mean seriously I was pissed. What I had decided to do was catch the bus on Madison & 80th. The problem was since they weren't following the actual detour on the website, they were coming SO early that I missed two buses.  One came early and even though I got to the stop early I still missed him by a mile.  Of course they weren't on Bus Time because of the detour but since I didn't know that they were detouring down Madison entirely they would appear down by 99th street & Madison or even further down when they could eventually be tracked again on Bus Time.  <_<  I realized this after I missed the second bus... I was like you mean to tell me they're coming straight down Madison with no stops on the West Side??

The first guy I saw had arrived some 10 - 15 minutes early because I had taken a local bus on Madison to get up there. I saw a bus approaching the expressway as I was checking Bus Time, but no idea that he was the bus that I should've been on since he was so early. I didn't realize what happened until I missed the second early bus so I said it's cold out so let me wait inside Citibank and I'll track the second bus from inside.  The second bus also came a good 10 minutes early and was not on Bus Time as I expected that it would be since my thinking was that he would be on the regular route coming from the West Side, so by the time I tried to get out of that Citibank there by 79th the bus had already went by, so I had to wait for the third bus, which also came early.  He was a regular and man I was pissed because here it was now over an hour waiting in and out of the cold and I wanted to get home already.

He felt bad and said that they were sending all of the buses down Madison.  Meanwhile they weren't picking up ANYBODY, so anyone waiting on the West Side was basically screwed.  In short it was only making 3 stops along the regular route, all on the East Side when most of the passengers that take the BxM2 use it on the West Side... I had a pay-per-ride that night too and I refused to dip it.  F*ck that... He let me on and that was that.  Sometimes if they screw up royally, they'll just waive you on.

Buses blocking stops, I get annoyed with that over down by state st/battery place at times (if I get out early enough)... You have the SI expresses that sometimes block (or even pick up pax) where the BM routes are supposed to stop.... I understand there are a lot of buses that stop in the immediate area, but still.... So sometimes what I do is walk back to the pine st stop [and stop off in the subway & grab a couple heros if I'm hungry enough] (I don't wait at the coenties stop no more due to a growing rat problem over there)....

LOL.... I can't help but laugh, but there are certain stops that I don't wait at either, esp. if they're extremely filthy or there are panhandlers or stuff nearby. I'm not too fond of that BxM2 stop at 6th & 35th for that reason. Always loads of garbage bags right by the stop and sidewalks there are filthy.  Usually the B/Os I get there just pull up to where I'm at which is away from that area.

You know what else I've noticed over the years? The spring creek b/o's that park along knapp, opposite that sewage/water treatment plant.... How the f*** can they wait over there, even w/ the doors closed, I'll never understand it..... The B4 terminal out there, I think it's a combination of what we're both saying - making it to where pax don't have to cross shore pkwy north/south to catch the 4 (like they'd have to do for the 44) as well as getting to the school & the stores that's opposite knapp.... That 7/11 over there, coming off a B4 years ago, I almost got hit by a car that came flying out of nowhere & made a right turn (from along knapp) to enter the parking area... I don't like bus stops that are near driveways to commercial areas like that anyway....

Oh yeah... I don't know what's up with that spot, but they LOVE parking over there for some odd reason. I've seen quite a few of them parked over there too.  I'm not sure if they're doing the BM4 or the BM3, but either way it's a weird place to park. I wonder if it's because the Belt Parkway is nearby?  Maybe they go to the city from there or back to Spring Creek...

And as for that car incident (lol) I can see that happening.  Knapp St. as you know is car territory and you don't some nut jobs esp. over by that 7/11 parking lot.  The drive like maniacs.

Also, when I was riding M11 from MHV B/O friend, LAST STOP restaurant in Greenwich Village's boss don't want B/O to use their restroom anymore.

However, diner at Broadway/135th St, other fast food places they don't mind.

Lol.... was it really necessary to capitalize "last stop"? That's not the name of the restaurant on that corner & it aint anymore grand/important from any of the other mom & pop restaurants along hudson....

LOL.... You know I had planned on getting it on 57th, but the problem was I wanted to make a stop before then and get a quick bite and the spot I wanted to go to wasn't near 57th, otherwise that was my plan as well. 

As for the diversions, what pisses me is that they post one thing online and the B/Os are told something else.  Furthermore, sometimes those diversions mean skipping almost 80 - 90% of the friggin route.  Some B/Os on the BM lines will actually bypass all of Downtown and go straight into the friggin' Battery Tunnel from the FDR.  <_<   I had this happen with a BM3.  The BM1 B/O I asked who is due after the schedule BM3 told me that that BM3 most likely just went into the Battery Tunnel because of traffic or some nonsense, which is ridiculous because they only run once an hour on weekends and that means he left anyone waiting Downtown stranded, so I got on the BM1, took that down so far and then took the subway from there.

The last BxM2 detour that happened around New Year's Eve involved the bus being detoured from 6th & 35th.  It was supposed to be detoured onto Madison up to 57th I believe and then take the regular route, per the (MTA) website.  Instead, they told the B/Os to take Madison straight down with NO stops on the West Side! I mean seriously I was pissed. What I had decided to do was catch the bus on Madison & 80th. The problem was since they weren't following the actual detour on the website, they were coming SO early that I missed two buses.  One came early and even though I got to the stop early I still missed him by a mile.  Of course they weren't on Bus Time because of the detour but since I didn't know that they were detouring down Madison entirely they would appear down by 99th street & Madison or even further down when they could eventually be tracked again on Bus Time.  <_<  I realized this after I missed the second bus... I was like you mean to tell me they're coming straight down Madison with no stops on the West Side??

The first guy I saw had arrived some 10 - 15 minutes early because I had taken a local bus on Madison to get up there. I saw a bus approaching the expressway as I was checking Bus Time, but no idea that he was the bus that I should've been on since he was so early. I didn't realize what happened until I missed the second early bus so I said it's cold out so let me wait inside Citibank and I'll track the second bus from inside.  The second bus also came a good 10 minutes early and was not on Bus Time as I expected that it would be since my thinking was that he would be on the regular route coming from the West Side, so by the time I tried to get out of that Citibank there by 79th the bus had already went by, so I had to wait for the third bus, which also came early.  He was a regular and man I was pissed because here it was now over an hour waiting in and out of the cold and I wanted to get home already.

He felt bad and said that they were sending all of the buses down Madison.  Meanwhile they weren't picking up ANYBODY, so anyone waiting on the West Side was basically screwed.  In short it was only making 3 stops along the regular route, all on the East Side when most of the passengers that take the BxM2 use it on the West Side... I had a pay-per-ride that night too and I refused to dip it.  F*ck that... He let me on and that was that.  Sometimes if they screw up royally, they'll just waive you on.

LOL.... I can't help but laugh, but there are certain stops that I don't wait at either, esp. if they're extremely filthy or there are panhandlers or stuff nearby. I'm not too fond of that BxM2 stop at 6th & 35th for that reason. Always loads of garbage bags right by the stop and sidewalks there are filthy.  Usually the B/Os I get there just pull up to where I'm at which is away from that area.

Oh yeah... I don't know what's up with that spot, but they LOVE parking over there for some odd reason. I've seen quite a few of them parked over there too.  I'm not sure if they're doing the BM4 or the BM3, but either way it's a weird place to park. I wonder if it's because the Belt Parkway is nearby?  Maybe they go to the city from there or back to Spring Creek...

And as for that car incident (lol) I can see that happening.  Knapp St. as you know is car territory and you don't some nut jobs esp. over by that 7/11 parking lot.  The drive like maniacs.

That's true about posting one thing on the website & b/o's doing something entirely different, real-time.... I've read your prior rants/posts about that on this forum & have agreed with them every time.... The MTA w/ that tactic is one of the major reasons I don't rely on the website when it comes down to route diversions.... Maybe unorthodox, but I take a more, wait & see for myself just what the hell these buses are gonna end up doing, type of approach.... Same approach I take regarding the weather, Lol.... They say (for example) It'll be 60 degrees & sunny - beautiful weather outside - come to find out (after having already left the house dressing a little warmer) that you're walking the streets umbrella-less having to duck for cover & shivering under awnings b/c it's cold(er) & raining outside..... Either that, or making a mad dash to descend down the steps of some subway station....

I'm laughing at what you say about the diverted BM's skipping like 80-90% of the route (in manhattan)... Because I've been on those diverted buses (in midtown) that (normally) are supposed to go on & stop off in lower manhattan, but instead run along the diverted route picking up little to no one, and then on top of it, diving on the FDR & heading straight to brooklyn.... Now that's what I call a super express... It's almost like a private shuttle for $5.50 (at the time)....

Yup, I know exactly what stop you're talking about.... it's the Bxm2 stop across 35th on that corner from where the QM2/20 first pickups are at, and yup, there is usually trash overflowing from the garbage can on that corner; sometimes even trash bags adjacent to the can itself.... another block along 6th av that be lined up w/ trash bags at times is that same spot the glen oaks bus parks along (NE corner of 36th).... There's usually a bus parked over there anyway, but still.... I would notice that as I'm coming up from 34th st subway as I'd walk up to 38th along 6th to catch the QM16 back when I did....

The buses that park along knapp st, I think those are buses that already came from using the belt pkwy (from the depot itself).... In other words, buses that are set to deadhead to manhattan after the b/o's situate themselves or w/e, because as you know, gerritsen beach is on the other side of the creek there (so they can't be inbound BM4's waiting to go in service) & the BM3 doesn't terminate anywhere near that part of sheepshead for them to be inbound trips..... They're likely BM3's or BM4's deadheading to manhattan for outbound trips to do either those routes though..... Since there isn't much places to park willy-nilly like that in manhattan, they do so on the brooklyn end..... 

That's true about posting one thing on the website & b/o's doing something entirely different, real-time.... I've read your prior rants/posts about that on this forum & have agreed with them every time.... The MTA w/ that tactic is one of the major reasons I don't rely on the website when it comes down to route diversions.... Maybe unorthodox, but I take a more, wait & see for myself just what the hell these buses are gonna end up doing, type of approach.... Same approach I take regarding the weather, Lol.... They say (for example) It'll be 60 degrees & sunny - beautiful weather outside - come to find out (after having already left the house dressing a little warmer) that you're walking the streets umbrella-less having to duck for cover & shivering under awnings b/c it's cold(er) & raining outside..... Either that, or making a mad dash to descend down the steps of some subway station....

I'm laughing at what you say about the diverted BM's skipping like 80-90% of the route (in manhattan)... Because I've been on those diverted buses (in midtown) that (normally) are supposed to go on & stop off in lower manhattan, but instead run along the diverted route picking up little to no one, and then on top of it, diving on the FDR & heading straight to brooklyn.... Now that's what I call a super express... It's almost like a private shuttle for $5.50 (at the time)....

Yup, I know exactly what stop you're talking about.... it's the Bxm2 stop across 35th on that corner from where the QM2/20 first pickups are at, and yup, there is usually trash overflowing from the garbage can on that corner; sometimes even trash bags adjacent to the can itself.... another block along 6th av that be lined up w/ trash bags at times is that same spot the glen oaks bus parks along (NE corner of 36th).... There's usually a bus parked over there anyway, but still.... I would notice that as I'm coming up from 34th st subway as I'd walk up to 38th along 6th to catch the QM16 back when I did....

The buses that park along knapp st, I think those are buses that already came from using the belt pkwy (from the depot itself).... In other words, buses that are set to deadhead to manhattan after the b/o's situate themselves or w/e, because as you know, gerritsen beach is on the other side of the creek there (so they can't be inbound BM4's waiting to go in service) & the BM3 doesn't terminate anywhere near that part of sheepshead for them to be inbound trips..... They're likely BM3's or BM4's deadheading to manhattan for outbound trips to do either those routes though..... Since there isn't much places to park willy-nilly like that in manhattan, they do so on the brooklyn end..... 

LOL... Now that I think of "super-expresses", there was an X12 that did some crazy sh*t a few years ago... I think he was either the next to last bus or the last bus of the night too... So I got on in Midtown and take my seat like usual... For whatever reason we needed to detour slightly, but instead of him continuing Downtown, he took the X42 routing, took 23rd down to 1st, and then proceeds to take the FDR straight into the Battery Tunnel. LOL! When I got off at Slosson and Victory, I asked him "You know you missed all of the stops Downtown right?" He looked at me as if he had no clue of what I was talking about. Suffice it to say that it was one of the quickest commutes to Staten Island that I can think of from Midtown via the express bus.

As for the BM's laid over on Knapp, yeah I would have to agree with that, but you know the funny thing is I've seen Spring Creek buses parked well above 57th street... Some of them are parked over by Tuskegee.  I've also been picked up by that first stop going to Brooklyn there at 57th & 2nd and those buses turn onto 57th from 2nd Avenue which I also find odd, and this was during the weekend, so I know they wouldn't be laid up over at Tuskegee since they have no reason to layup over there or maybe they go up there to use the bathroom.  When my uncle would do trips up near 147th street when he worked out of 100th street, he'd go over the old Mother Clara Hale Depot and we'd use the bathroom there, so who knows.

Sorry I meant "Bus Stop" cafe/restraunt in Greenwich Village. I made mistake. There's Bus Stop restaurant near MHV but they don't mind B/Os using their restroom.

Lol.... was it really necessary to capitalize "last stop"? That's not the name of the restaurant on that corner & it aint anymore grand/important from any of the other mom & pop restaurants along hudson....

Sorry I meant "Bus Stop" cafe/restraunt in Greenwich Village. I made mistake.

cool....

LOL... Now that I think of "super-expresses", there was an X12 that did some crazy sh*t a few years ago... I think he was either the next to last bus or the last bus of the night too... So I got on in Midtown and take my seat like usual... For whatever reason we needed to detour slightly, but instead of him continuing Downtown, he took the X42 routing, took 23rd down to 1st, and then proceeds to take the FDR straight into the Battery Tunnel. LOL! When I got off at Slosson and Victory, I asked him "You know you missed all of the stops Downtown right?" He looked at me as if he had no clue of what I was talking about. Suffice it to say that it was one of the quickest commutes to Staten Island that I can think of from Midtown via the express bus.

As for the BM's laid over on Knapp, yeah I would have to agree with that, but you know the funny thing is I've seen Spring Creek buses parked well above 57th street... Some of them are parked over by Tuskegee.  I've also been picked up by that first stop going to Brooklyn there at 57th & 2nd and those buses turn onto 57th from 2nd Avenue which I also find odd, and this was during the weekend, so I know they wouldn't be laid up over at Tuskegee since they have no reason to layup over there or maybe they go up there to use the bathroom.  When my uncle would do trips up near 147th street when he worked out of 100th street, he'd go over the old Mother Clara Hale Depot and we'd use the bathroom there, so who knows.

You know, being that you're the last trip of the day, you'd think you'd be a little more accomodating to those that are trying to catch your bus.... Not the case, as I've been on plenty last-trips-of-said-day, buses (not just here in the city either) that's done some shit to end earlier, including skipping lesser used stops (even if there are people waiting at them).....I understand wanting to get home early, but you still got a job to do & people depend on these services.... Not that I'm saying that leeway should be given to people that screw around knowing they have to catch that last bus, but skipping stops & taking detours is a bit over the top....

Spring Creek buses up at Tuskegee? Have no idea what that's about....

The furthest north I've ever seen those buses parked is around the 60's streets up on the east side there....

You know, being that you're the last trip of the day, you'd think you'd be a little more accomodating to those that are trying to catch your bus.... Not the case, as I've been on plenty last-trips-of-said-day, buses (not just here in the city either) that's done some shit to end earlier, including skipping lesser used stops (even if there are people waiting at them).....I understand wanting to get home early, but you still got a job to do & people depend on these services.... Not that I'm saying that leeway should be given to people that screw around knowing they have to catch that last bus, but skipping stops & taking detours is a bit over the top....

The furthest north I've ever seen those buses parked is around the 60's streets up on the east side there....

Yeah... I had a problem with that crap.... Wrote in once and it was dealt with... Ridiculous to be honest... That's another reason why Bus Time was needed... The problem is some dispatchers have no problem with it so they enable it, esp. on Staten Island before Bus Time.  The X30 could come 10 minutes early and passengers would call Castleton pissed and they're like yeah he came already as if there was nothing wrong with him arriving that early and being the last bus of the morning.  <_< X16 drivers would do that too... And then the B/O on the X16 that would drive the last bus of the morning had the audacity to say he'd probably be laid off when the X16 was cut. I said to myself well I wonder who's fault that is since he would come early every friggin' morning and people would either miss him or have to run to catch him.  Erratic service=fewer passengers which=service cuts and/or eliminated routes.  The X16 is the perfect example of a route that would still be around had it not been for B/Os skipping stops, coming whenever they wanted and literally blowing by stops with folks trying to hail them down.   Still remember this X16 that just drove right by the last stop before the tunnel with the guy waiving and yelling.... I said damn now that's f*cked up...

Yeah... I had a problem with that crap.... Wrote in once and it was dealt with... Ridiculous to be honest... That's another reason why Bus Time was needed... The problem is some dispatchers have no problem with it so they enable it, esp. on Staten Island before Bus Time.  The X30 could come 10 minutes early and passengers would call Castleton pissed and they're like yeah he came already as if there was nothing wrong with him arriving that early and being the last bus of the morning.  <_< X16 drivers would do that too... And then the B/O on the X16 that would drive the last bus of the morning had the audacity to say he'd probably be laid off when the X16 was cut. I said to myself well I wonder who's fault that is since he would come early every friggin' morning and people would either miss him or have to run to catch him.  Erratic service=fewer passengers which=service cuts and/or eliminated routes.  The X16 is the perfect example of a route that would still be around had it not been for B/Os skipping stops, coming whenever they wanted and literally blowing by stops with folks trying to hail them down.   Still remember this X16 that just drove right by the last stop before the tunnel with the guy waiving and yelling.... I said damn now that's f*cked up...

You sure had a lot of problems w/ that x16 didn't you....

cool....

I also have seen BM Buses and COACH USA layover on 1st Av near 39th St as well.

I also seen some Staten Island buses layover on 55th-56th Sts area between 2nd & 1st Avs.

Archived