Just one pic of the derailed set

Meanwhile they cut the 6:25am from Hicksville because of this leaving Westbury with a 45+ gap in service and ALOT of people take that train. They have 2 trains stopping at Hicksville 6:10am and 6:19am God forbid they could stop at Westbury but noooo. When stuff like this happens local trains should not be the ones cut. But that's the genius that is LIRR management, between them and NICE we are so screwed. 

Where exactly did this happen?

This is what I'm wondering...  Was it east going towards Long Island past Jamaica Station or West past Jamaica station?

I ask this because during the derailment of the Amtrak train in one of the tunnels and the problem with one of the tunnels after Sandy MTA's response is the same, cancel trains, jampack Penn Station.

Instead of canceling trains out of Penn Station becuase they cannot get into Penn Station wouldn't it be a better Idea to:

A) hold the trains at Jaimaica and have MOST trains coming in and out acting as a shuttle to get as many people out of Penn and have them transfer to waiting trains to Jamaica to continue their commute?

B) and/or devert the trains that would be cut to Atlantic Terminal?  Getting to Brooklyn is a lot less of a bitch than dealing the shit at Penn these "hickups" cause.

Maybe it's just me but A or B just seems like a better idea than 86'ing trains that are already packed just to sardine people onto other trains.  I swear there is going to be a riot at Penn if these things keep happening.

Here are some photos I took yesterday from the ground (sorry for hijacking thread lol but ill put em here to save from making an extra thread)

482330_10151492423089578_679914346_n.jpg

253721_10151492423369578_871831371_n.jpg

later that afternoon:

575964_10151492857304578_743598506_n.jpg

in the afternoon photo you see M7 #7207 and EMD MP15 #158 and 152.

Archived