Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
MHV9218

M34 Artics Update

Quill LFSAs being wrapped as we speak. Set is going to be the 5840-5860s, not sure how low it will go but I'd estimate around 5840/5841-5863. Bunch of those buses running around naked now since the ads have been removed. About time this conversion happened!

• Upvote 7

Quill LFSAs being wrapped as we speak. Set is going to be the 5840-5860s, not sure how low it will go but I'd estimate around 5840/5841-5863. Bunch of those buses running around naked now since the ads have been removed. About time this conversion happened!

But you like them naked....  :P   :lol: Well it's about time... Those little M34's just don't cut it... Still can't understand why the M42 doesn't get any artics....

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

5840-5863 sounds about right. Gotta see this for myself in the upcoming weeks. Now to bring the NGs into local service or be moved somewhere else....

Thanks for the update.

Edited by Metro CSW

But you like them naked....  :P   :lol: Well it's about time... Those little M34's just don't cut it... Still can't understand why the M42 doesn't get any artics....

unless the m42 is going to be another sbs line, I don't see why they'd need them.

Since mjq has gotten their original artics back, will they be displacing some 40' buses to maybe 126th or MHV?

• Upvote 1

unless the m42 is going to be another sbs line, I don't see why they'd need them.

Since mjq has gotten their original artics back, will they be displacing some 40' buses to maybe 126th or MHV?

Why should the M34 get artics but not the M42?? They send out 3 or 4 RTS's at a time on that line in the morning when they could have two artics instead. They don't need them 24/7 but they could use artics on that line sometimes.

Guest MTA Bus

It's about time the 34th St buses got them LFSAs. I agree with the M42 getting artics. There might be 3 buses back to back during rush hours.

Why should the M34 get artics but not the M42?? They send out 3 or 4 RTS's at a time on that line in the morning when they could have two artics instead. They don't need them 24/7 but they could use artics on that line sometimes.

The whole point of the sbs is to get more ppl on the bus. Like you said, the 40' buses weren't enough on the m34. I don't see why you seem surprised. It's not like there's an abundance of artics for every line. Now that FB got their artics, they were able to return the buses to mjq to allow for artics to run on the m34 sbs. Edited by Grand Concourse

The whole point of the sbs is to get more ppl on the bus. Like you said, the 40' buses weren't enough on the m34. I don't see why you seem surprised. It's not like there's an abundance of artics for every line. Now that FB got their artics, they were able to return the buses to mjq to allow for artics to run on the m34 sbs.

I'm not surprised at all... I just don't see why the M42 doesn't get any artics... There are some lines out of Quill that do get an artic or two on occasion like the M57 and that bus runs far less frequently than the M42 does in the morning.  

Nice. Now as of now.. What will happen to 2010 Orion7 Hybird #3800 - #3827 at Micheal J. Quill Depot.. Which MaBSTOA depot will get Miicheal J. Quill Depot Orion7 #3800 - #3827 ( time for unwrapping for local service. ) No longer for M34 select bus service. I hope it 100 street Depot.

^ Have to wait and see!

5843, 5845-5846, 5849-5851, 5854-5856, and 5859-5860 are rigged up with BusTime now.

Should've been the 5200 series LFSAs, ugh.

I'm willing to bet they'll have the artics that they're going to put on that line and outside of the heavy periods, they'll keep using the 38XXs since they already are equipped with Bus Time and are wrapped.

I'm actually not totally thrilled about this change. I take the 34 in the mornings quite often, and the Orions are able to zip around all the other buses and cars going across 34th. I know artics are surprisingly maneuverable, but I wonder if they will slow down all the express buses and cars that go across that relatively narrow street. Even thoug the Orions are usually pretty full, most people don't go that far across town, so people don't seem to mind standing for the 6 or 7 minutes. Just my thoughts.

Now to do something about that S79.

I take it rather frequently. It doesn't need artics.

• Upvote 1

Is the S79 is line that go through Brooklyn - Bay Ridge 95 street  (R)  station run through Verzanno - Narrow Bridge... ( Staten Island - Brooklyn) if so. What big deal S79 run articulated bus line. S79 is control by Yukon Depot. Can Yukon Depot handle articulated bus.. Saying..

Agreed. The only time it's even crowded is rush hours and when school lets out.

Is the S79 is line that go through Brooklyn - Bay Ridge 95 street  (R)  station run through Verzanno - Narrow Bridge... ( Staten Island - Brooklyn) if so. What big deal S79 run articulated bus line. S79 is control by Yukon Depot. Can Yukon Depot handle articulated bus.. Saying..

my uncle used to work at both yukon and caselton  he said no.