Most Absurd mistake signs

MattTrain

Most Absurd mistake signs

This will make you laugh and make you think how ridiculous sign posting workers are these days. Some signs are not updated, a rollsign looks mixed up, and destination signs that make no sense, and spelling's even a mistake here. Take a look.

bway_q_6av.jpg

jc_jc_e.jpg

wrongsign.jpg

1_or_either.jpg

fraction_train.jpg

r142_no_route.jpg

diamondc.jpg

dq_dekalb.jpg

bdfv-jfk.jpg

dekalb2.jpg

dekalb1.jpg

limeted.jpg

joretrain.jpg

etocanalst.jpg

dmnd-q.jpg

emp4bdn.jpg

ndiamond.jpg

whichway.jpg

myrtle.jpg

mtrain.jpg

browndiamond.jpg

r68endsign.jpg

nosign.jpg

dc-145.jpg

candd.jpg

bklyn-mnhtn-a.jpg

manhandq.jpg

screwysign.jpg

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with these signs?

I've spotted a sign, maybe more than one copy, reading "Queens ©" with a downstairs arrow to cross over to the opposite platform in at least one local station (not sure about the express stations) on the IND Fulton line. What's more the (C) is in a circle rather than a diamond, the (C) never ran to Queens, only the <CC> and <C> did plus the (CC) Rockaway Shuttle, and no (CC)/©/<CC>/<C> service has run to Queens since 1993 I think.

Mine aren't all absurd but you get the point. Let's see what I've collected over the past one and a half years on my camera phone...

TimesSquare.jpg

BrokenATrainRollsign.jpg

Broken

FTrainRollsignMissigned.jpg

This was an (E) train. LOL

R40WTrainAtQueensboroPlaza.jpg

WTrainExteriorRollsign.jpg

FTrainLCD-Missigned.jpg

This was on an (F) train leaving the Aquarium headed N/B. LOL

A classic...

5TrainStripMap.jpg

6TrainLEDExteriorOff.jpg

6TrainStripMapGlitch.jpg

Taken at 96th St.

I can't find but also had an R142A rollsign showing (4)(5)(N)(R) at 59th Street, (E)(F) at 51st Street, and (F)(V)(S) at Bleecker Street.

I can't find but also had an R142A rollsign showing (4)(5)(N)(R) at 59th Street, (E)(F) at 51st Street, and (F)(V)(S) at Bleecker Street.

What's not unusual to me is the (W) diamond sign, that's not such a rare case. Sometimes you have the (6) LCD sign working but has no lights, it's very weird. There was an (F) train with (N) signage at the Aquarium, that's really strange.

whoops, never mind.....just noticed the spelling lol

what's wrong with the Limited Rush hour (E) to 179.....I could have sworn that they run some (E)'s out to 179 every now and then

A spelling mistake is rare but if there is one it's hard not to laugh at it. :(

I've seen a train with (A)(C) and (E) signs mixed inside and outside at WTC chambers street. This was last summer.

- Andy

Some people mess with the signs, there are some knobs on the insides of some R32 cars' roll signs. Is that what you're talking about?

Asign-1.jpg

Csign-1.jpg

Esign-1.jpg

I'm just giving some examples.

Archived