Most Absurd mistake signs

MattTrain

I've spotted a sign, maybe more than one copy, reading "Queens ©" with a downstairs arrow to cross over to the opposite platform in at least one local station (not sure about the express stations) on the IND Fulton line. What's more the (C) is in a circle rather than a diamond, the (C) never ran to Queens, only the <CC> and <C> did plus the (CC) Rockaway Shuttle, and no (CC)/©/<CC>/<C> service has run to Queens since 1993 I think.

That (C) train has never ran into Queens since the early 1990's. It is currently replaced by (A) during Rush Hours and (S) all times.

That sign's probably corrected by now.

LMAO@ those signs

100_3140.jpg

The (Q6) lives

100_3870.jpg

The (9) returns;)

That (Q6) needs some fixing, seriously, since 2004, and nobody's saying anything. Change the (Q6) to (Q) already....

The (9), probably an honest mistake.

Note: Anyone that plans to take photos of the subway, please check the roll signs, directions, and overhead signs. The MTA thinks they're doing a good job, but sometimes a mistake occurs. This is not intentional but if anyone see any mistakes whether it's a sign or a rollsign or a LCD sign that doesn't make sense, take a photo of it. We need to tell the NYCT to stop confusing riders with wrong information.

This is the most weird brochure that I have picked up. The (F) replaces the (C) between Jay Street and Euclid Avenue in Brooklyn. To make things more bizzare, the (G) doesn't replace the (F), the (G) terminates at Hoyt Schermerhorn.

FG.jpg

There are three (F) trains here

(F) 179 St Queens to Jay Street normal, then replaces (C) from Jay Street to Euclid Avenue

(F) Between 7 Avenue and Coney Island. (F) is express between 7-Church Avenues southbound

Another (F) train between 7 Avenue and Fort Hamilton Parkway. This (F) is Southbound only!!!

The (9) train sign is here

1pix9_6.jpg

And when the (9) is discontinued

no9.jpg

The (9) is just peeled off, it's casing, pedestal, or whatever you want to call it is still standing. Geniuses!!

And to make things more strange... the (9) which is not used anymore, still has it's own web page.

91.jpg

92.jpg

93.jpg

94.jpg

95.jpg

And here is it's web address

http://www.mta.info/nyct/service/nineline.htm

I don't know how they were changed, but the 2 cars that said (C) on the inside had (A) on the outside, and 2 cars with (C) on the outside had (E) on the inside, The rest were normal, and the designation display at the cab end said (E), plus it was at the chambers street terminal.

I was running for my life to catch a PATH train after i looked at my watch & saw what the time was or i would have taken photos, it just happened to have open doors & i was able to see in after my (E) rolled in.

- Andy

I don't know how they were changed, but the 2 cars that said (C) on the inside had (A) on the outside, and 2 cars with (C) on the outside had (E) on the inside, The rest were normal, and the designation display at the cab end said (E), plus it was at the chambers street terminal.

I was running for my life to catch a PATH train after i looked at my watch & saw what the time was or i would have taken photos, it just happened to have open doors & i was able to see in after my (E) rolled in.

- Andy

The roll sign must been turned a lot on that (E) train. Switching between (A)(C) and (E), and somehow it broke. I bet there were some confusion on that (E) train that you rode on that day.

The roll sign must been turned a lot on that (E) train. Switching between (A)(C) and (E), and somehow it broke. I bet there were some confusion on that (E) train that you rode on that day.

Yes, a lot of people were standing around looking at the signs above the platform edges and the map. I had to run past them at the speed of light before they attacked the train i just stepped off. They were in a crowd on the west track, and my train was all most empty, i walked down like 15 feet, saw the signs, looked at my watch, saw them all walk over and booked out a there weaving through a few stragglers towards the WTC connection.

- Andy

old_f_strip_map.jpg

The old (F) map dating back to 2000

how_many_blocks_to_lirr.jpg

Going to Long Island Rail Road, it's either two blocks away or three blocks away.

no_tokens.jpg

No tokens please. Tokens are discontinued since 2003, yet this still displays!

zerohour1.jpg

ZERO HOUR, REALLY!!!

n_to_kh.jpg

(N) to Kings Highway, I don't think so!

blank_train_2.jpg

What train is this?

blank_train.jpg

This train is in Flushing, but no sign indicates a route....

h_train.jpg

This train was in Continental Avenue, but I believed it was used for the (H) shuttle train????

messedupsign.jpg

We don't speak gibberish, only English

fandm.jpg

Isn't Main Street in Flushing it seems like Main Street and Flushing are in two different places.

jcsign.jpg

A sign for a (J) train, I don't know.

missign.jpg

Oh great, on the (7), this sign, well the roll sign maker was on a high.

These aren't my images, but a person posted this just to find reasons to say why the MTA is so disorganized.

You know, back in 03' I was at Rockaway with a friend of mine and we died laughing because the sign in 116th Street said, "(A)(H) To Broad Channel and Manhattan" We went to JFK pre-AirTrain, and the crossover had a sticker saying, "(JFK) Express To Midtown Manhattan" Both signs are now long gone.

Another confusing factor was about a month ago I was railfan and I have pics to prove, a mix R32/38 (A) Train came into Broadway-Nassau and it had all (A) signs but the last R38 car had a half (C) instead of an (A).

Proof:

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

You know, back in 03' I was at Rockaway with a friend of mine and we died laughing because the sign in 116th Street said, "(A)(H) To Broad Channel and Manhattan" We went to JFK pre-AirTrain, and the crossover had a sticker saying, "(JFK) Express To Midtown Manhattan" Both signs are now long gone.

Another confusing factor was about a month ago I was railfan and I have pics to prove, a mix R32/38 (A) Train came into Broadway-Nassau and it had all (A) signs but the last R38 car had a half (C) instead of an (A).

So what was the R32/R38 train, an (A) or (C). It can't be an (H)? How many cars did this train have? I guess that "©" train sign was a broken flip-dot sign.

So what was the R32/R38 train, an (A) or (C). It can't be an (H)? How many cars did this train have? I guess that "©" train sign was a broken flip-dot sign.

It was a (A) with 10 cars but the flipdot on the last car said (C) and one of R32 had (C) destination with (A) as route. Do you know an (A) that goes between Euclid and 168th? Didn't think so!

It was a (A) with 10 cars but the flipdot on the last car said (C) and one of R32 had (C) destination with (A) as route. Do you know an (A) that goes between Euclid and 168th? Didn't think so!

(C) is the local partner of (A) all times except late nights. When ©'s not running, (A) picks up the slack and makes all stops between 168 Street in Manhattan and Euclid Avenue in Brooklyn in addition to going to 207th Street, Manhattan, and Far Rockaway Queens.

Archived