1865's Christening.....

Ty24

• 4 weeks later...

The bus will be fixed, you can be sure of that. Its amazing how you're all here saying NICE is bad when this most likely was not the B/O's fault.

Yeah looked like that is a rear ender, probably another great LI motorist who was talking or texting and didn't see the big orange bus in front of them. And they probably were driving an SUV too, and hoping the odds were they'd cream a car instead....

001_zpsad075ec4.jpg

qKSB4NY.png

Yeah looked like that is a rear ender, probably another great LI motorist who was talking or texting and didn't see the big orange bus in front of them. And they probably were driving an SUV too, and hoping the odds were they'd cream a car instead....

I am really surprised how people can miss a huge orange thing in the road...  Long Island drivers are getting worse and worse!  I swear today I was saying EVERY driver in NYS have to take a refresher test or course at least every few years...  If you fail your license is suspended until you can pass the test.

The bus will be fixed, you can be sure of that. Its amazing how you're all here saying NICE is bad when this most likely was not the B/O's fault.

Exactly, it can be anything from another driver to the B/O being at fault.  Even if the B/O was at fault everyone loves to bash Veolia and NICE, let's keep in mind a (MTA) LIB B/O banged up a city bus on loan to LIB by backing into another bus back in the days when things were perfect under the (MTA) before Veolia was involved in anything.

Exactly, it can be anything from another driver to the B/O being at fault.  Even if the B/O was at fault everyone loves to bash Veolia and NICE, let's keep in mind a (MTA) LIB B/O banged up a city bus on loan to LIB by backing into another bus back in the days when things were perfect under the (MTA) before Veolia was involved in anything.

I WAS THERE! I REPORTED ON IT! :D

I am really surprised how people can miss a huge orange thing in the road...  Long Island drivers are getting worse and worse!  I swear today I was saying EVERY driver in NYS have to take a refresher test or course at least every few years...  If you fail your license is suspended until you can pass the test.

The orange should make buses more visible, well I give NICE credit for that. ;)  Unfortunately LI drivers are so bad it wont matter, they're also often seen ignoring bright red firetrucks with lights and sirens too.

The orange should make buses more visible, well I give NICE credit for that. ;)  Unfortunately LI drivers are so bad it wont matter, they're also often seen ignoring bright red firetrucks with lights and sirens too.

I don't wan't to hijack this thread and make it about LI drivers, but you are right, I drive on Merrick Rd everyday and always see vehicles not yielding the right of way to ambulances and fire trucks, these people just drive right along in the left lane like nothing is happening and make the fire trucks and ambulances maneuver around an obstacle course of stupidity.   I also always see drivers turning off main roads onto side roads almost hitting people in the cross walks of side streets and on the side walk crossing the entrance way of parking lots.  These idiots almost hit someone because they are not paying attention and then they get into a showoff with the pedestrian, they don't stop, they keep on going slowly until the pedestrian yields the right of way instead of yielding the right of way to the pedestrian.   I think many Long Island drivers have forgotten and think the pedestrian must yield the way of them, or they simply don't care and have the attitude they shouldn't have to wait for someone walking where they want to drive

I think the problem that created such bad LI drivers is that Nassau and Suffolk police officers are so busy with other things that they don't have time to be policing bad drivers and drivers have been able to get away with being horrible drivers.

I propose the Common Sense = Good Drivers Law!  You cause an accident by doing something so stupid or by not paying attention (stupid in my book) and are convicted of the driving violation your license is automatically suspended upon the conviction for six months to make you think about what you've done.  Let you appreciate your license and remind you it's a privilege not a right!  

I also propose we hire former drill instructors to be traffic cops on the Island (nothing else let the cops worry about the criminals) if you're pulled over the drill instructor will scream at you on the side of the road about your stupid driving.  My theory is if people are yelled at that like that, they will not commit the same stupid traffic violation again because they will not want to get screamed at again.  These people will receive a small fine just to pay for the system, no arguing with a cop, no bitching about getting pulled over, rolling your eyes, just a drill instructor screaming at you.  LOL could you imagine! 

I don't wan't to hijack this thread and make it about LI drivers, but you are right, I drive on Merrick Rd everyday and always see vehicles not yielding the right of way to ambulances and fire trucks, these people just drive right along in the left lane like nothing is happening and make the fire trucks and ambulances maneuver around an obstacle course of stupidity.   I also always see drivers turning off main roads onto side roads almost hitting people in the cross walks of side streets and on the side walk crossing the entrance way of parking lots.  These idiots almost hit someone because they are not paying attention and then they get into a showoff with the pedestrian, they don't stop, they keep on going slowly until the pedestrian yields the right of way instead of yielding the right of way to the pedestrian.   I think many Long Island drivers have forgotten and think the pedestrian must yield the way of them, or they simply don't care and have the attitude they shouldn't have to wait for someone walking where they want to drive

I think the problem that created such bad LI drivers is that Nassau and Suffolk police officers are so busy with other things that they don't have time to be policing bad drivers and drivers have been able to get away with being horrible drivers.

I propose the Common Sense = Good Drivers Law!  You cause an accident by doing something so stupid or by not paying attention (stupid in my book) and are convicted of the driving violation your license is automatically suspended upon the conviction for six months to make you think about what you've done.  Let you appreciate your license and remind you it's a privilege not a right!  

I also propose we hire former drill instructors to be traffic cops on the Island (nothing else let the cops worry about the criminals) if you're pulled over the drill instructor will scream at you on the side of the road about your stupid driving.  My theory is if people are yelled at that like that, they will not commit the same stupid traffic violation again because they will not want to get screamed at again.  These people will receive a small fine just to pay for the system, no arguing with a cop, no bitching about getting pulled over, rolling your eyes, just a drill instructor screaming at you.  LOL could you imagine! 

Well whaddya know- I gotta admit, I finally agree with something Mr. Ralph Kramden imposter has posted.

Well whaddya know- I gotta admit, I finally agree with something Mr. Ralph Kramden imposter has posted.

NO, NOT THIS AGAIN!

You ain't nothing but a hound (dog)...  Cryin' all the time...  :lol:

Oh god... please don't start something...

Archived